The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moose24
Hi everyone! I found out I have an interview on the 22nd of January anyone have one on the same day?

Hi Moose24

I've got mine on that day too! I'm so unsure about how to prepare for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 201
Original post by smorsgabord
Hi Moose24

I've got mine on that day too! I'm so unsure about how to prepare for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations. I'm in the process of getting books/ recommended articles from the UCL website. Thought that might be the best start! Where else have you applied to?
Reply 202
Original post by Moose24
Congratulations. I'm in the process of getting books/ recommended articles from the UCL website. Thought that might be the best start! Where else have you applied to?

Also, there was supposed to be a ! After congratulations!
Original post by DANI_F
Thanks rg13. My fingers are crossed for you and you're right, it's not a rejection. My interview is the 28th of January, so they're giving plenty of notice which is great as I'm from Ireland and have to sort flights etc.

Congratulations katehb! I'm delighted as well. I'd put it to the back of my mind as I was convinced we wouldn't hear for another while yet but it's been a nice boost to my day. Here's hoping it all goes well.

Hi guys,
I found out yesterday that I have an interview for that day too. I'm also from Ireland so will have to start organising pretty soon. I'm very happy but also quite nervous. What are you guys doing to prepare? They were a bit vague on the ins and outs of it.

Also, in terms of finance. I put down self-funded for most of my applications as I figured we couldn't put down NHS due to the fact that no-one had been accepted yet...now I'm a bit afraid that I've made a mistake. I'd hope anyone can help me.
I applied to Reading too but that won't be closing until this week. I forgot about the pre reading so I need to check that over Xmas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 205
Hello all!

Just wondered if there is a deadline to the Essex applications? Can't see one anywhere on the website.

Also - for Essex do we upload references onto the form ourselves (as there is the opportunity to do that) or is it similar to the other unis where they will get in touch with them after we have applied? A bit confused!

Thanks for any help you can give
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 206
There isn't a deadline for Essex as far as I'm aware they were interviewing as late as March/April last year too if I remember rightly! I also emailed admissions to ask about references, this is what I got back:

Due to the volume of applications we receive we don’t contact referees on behalf of applicants, we require you to provide the references. You can either upload the references to your application, in which case please ensure these are signed and on official letterhead paper, or you can ask your referees to email their references directly to me, but if doing this please your referees send these from their official academic or professional email accounts.

The email address to send them to is [email protected]. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 207
Original post by DANI_F
I've just gotten word that I've an interview with UCL! I didn't expect to hear so soon. Will anyone be joining me?

Interview with Newcastle as well!! AGH So Excited!!
Reply 208
Original post by DANI_F

Congrats! You must be so pleased!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 209
Original post by Katehb
Congrats! You must be so pleased!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks katehb, I'm in disbelief, but delighted yes. I just hope that the interviews go well. I get nervous in those kind of situations. I'm surprised that they're letting us know so early. From what I read on the other forum, last year it was later in December before they notified people.
Reply 210
I have an interview with Newcastle too! Anyone else on January 13?
Reply 211
Original post by Laice
I have an interview with Newcastle too! Anyone else on January 13?

Congratulations Laice. No mine is Jan 15th. Have to try decide what sort of case to present on. Let me know how you get on.
Reply 212
Congratulations to you too! Best of luck :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by DANI_F

Congratulations! You'll be flat out with interviews that month! May get Ryanair for some cheap flights 😝
Reply 214
Has anyone heard back from City yet about whether they have been accepted or not?
Original post by SALT2014
Has anyone heard back from City yet about whether they have been accepted or not?

I got a rejection last week :frown: so they must be giving out news gradually. Good luck with it!
Reply 216
Original post by cosmic.love
I got a rejection last week :frown: so they must be giving out news gradually. Good luck with it!

oh i'm sorry to hear that you got rejected! Such a competitive course. When did you submit your application?
Original post by cosmic.love

Oh no, sorry to hear that! I hadn't realised they would be responding this early. Good luck with your other applications if you have applied elsewhere :smile:
Reply 218
Original post by Bubbles211
Oh no, sorry to hear that! I hadn't realised they would be responding this early. Good luck with your other applications if you have applied elsewhere :smile:

They contacted me today about a missing document and a reminder to ensure that both my references were to be submitted by the 17th so they're definitely going through applications already. From what I've seen from forums on previous years though they don't let people know whether they have a place until the New Year.
Oh that's surprising - although I wonder if they'll contact successful people before the new year as well, seeing as the deadline was earlier (i think!) than previous years...

Latest