Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Passport Countersigned if I go to the Passport Office? Watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys, just looking for some general advice.

    I wanted to open an ISA and it wasn't until I double checked the identification requirements that I realised I'm gonna need a passport. I put my home address on the application, so utility bills for my student digs aren't gonna cover it, and I've only got my driver's license.

    I've been meaning to get my passport done for ages. I had a kid's one that I think ran out in 2007. Anyway, I was just wondering if I need a countersignatory if I go to the Passport office and get it done there? I was going to send it off via post, but when I went to the Post Office to get it checked, my friend wasn't good enough as a countersignature being only a lowly student. The woman did say though that I could try it without a countersignature because my appearance hasn't changed much since I was a kid (even my hairstyle is pretty similar, that's quite depressing).

    I only have one other person I can ask to countersign whose known me long enough and has a high enough standing in the community. But the only time I will see them is at a hen night in May and a wedding reception in June. As she's the mother of the bride they seem like bad times to ask, and it'll be too late for my ISA application anyway.

    I was hoping to know if any other people have renewed their adult passport from a child one and whether they needed a countersignature. Even though I haven't changed much, my child passport picture is over 10 years old, so I'm worried it'll get rejected on those grounds. If I go to the passport office, I doubt they'll tell me before they process my application whether it'll be ok, and I don't really wanna waste the money paying for the service and the travel there and back if I'm just going to get rejected anyway.

    Also, I was wondering if anyone has renewed their passport at the Liverpool office and what the service was like?

  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.