Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a theory that people such as my grandparents (who were married in 1964 and had my dad in 1965) that are married before having their first child are more likely to stay together forever, whereas people like my mum had her first child unmarried to my sisters dad, then split with him and had me to my dad again unmarried and also had my brother to my dad unmarried and again split with him.

Looking at most peoples parents I know if they were married before they had their first child they are still together to this day and vice versa.
    I think this is due to the bond of marriage, when you get married you make a commitment to be with someone through anything meaning you LOVE them enough to make the vows whereas when you have children unmarried you merely have the commitment of a child and perhaps not love.

I am not intending to offend anyone so apologies if I have It is just a theory I am planning on writing about.

So If you could reply to this thread with:

Married or not married (When they had their first child together)
    and Still together or split

So If I were to reply to this thread I would with:

Unmarried and split

ReputationRep:
    Married and still together.

You can easily make a questionnaire online with this, and it will be completely anonymous. Some people might not feel comfortable posting here And you're not stupid!

ReputationRep:
    Oh btw, mind doing mine please, a little longer than yours by 3 questions!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/P95GKTV

ReputationRep:
    married and still together

ReputationRep:
    Married and still together

ReputationRep:
    Not married and split

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    not married still together

ReputationRep:
    unmarried and split

ReputationRep:
    Unmarried. Father died but they were still together when he died.

ReputationRep:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Married and still together :yes:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Married before my sister and I were born. My father died when I was little so unfortunately I don't know for sure, although my mother is a 'married for life' kind of person. She has been with my stepfather for 17 years.

My aunts and uncles all married before they have children and are all still together.

ReputationRep:
    Not married; still together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ekeis)

You can easily make a questionnaire online with this, and it will be completely anonymous. Some people might not feel comfortable posting here And you're not stupid!
    How do you make a questionnaire? Could I edit my original post and do it?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Mine were married and they're still together.

ReputationRep:
    unmarried and split

ReputationRep:
    I meant on a different website, there are a lot of free survey websites. I am using survey monkey at the moment as you can see from my post. You will have to register which takes literally 1-2 minutes and your questionnaire is so small and simple, it won't take you more than 5 minutes to create it.

Of course you will have to add the responses you got from this post manually to your final results.

Here is a link: http://www.surveymonkey.com

There are a lot of different websites if you don't like that you can search for others. If you need a hand with creating it, I can help you with it .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.