The Student Room Group

Were your parents married when you were born? - Research..please respond!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Married and Split now.
Reply 21
Married and still married.

Just like how it should.
Married, still together.
not married and split
Reply 24
Not married and split.
Married and still together
Married and still together.
Reply 27
Not married and split

I think there is a higher likelihood of parents splitting if they aren't married when you're born - and it does make sense to a certain point.
Reply 28
Married and still together
Reply 29
married and still together
Reply 30
Married and still together for me and my older bro (18 and 20)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
so glad alot of people have morals and marry before getting preggers
Just do a poll on the thread OP, easiest way!

Married and still together but my friend's: unmarried and still together :smile:
Reply 33
Married, still together
Reply 34
I'm the oldest child from my parents and they aren't married and are still together 18 years after having me.
Before my mother met my dad she was married to my older brothers dad for 3 years and they divorced when my brother was 2 (5 years before I was born).

So in my case it was:
Unmarried and together

But for my older brother it was:
Married and split
Reply 35
Original post by >Untitled<
Just do a poll on the thread OP, easiest way!

Married and still together but my friend's: unmarried and still together :smile:

I totally forgot about polls! But I cant edit it and do a poll so I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope lots of people reply:smile: Thank you :smile:
Reply 36
Married and Still together
Married & still together
Reply 38
Original post by StupidGirl1
I have a theory that people such as my grandparents (who were married in 1964 and had my dad in 1965) that are married before having their first child are more likely to stay together forever, whereas people like my mum had her first child unmarried to my sisters dad, then split with him and had me to my dad again unmarried and also had my brother to my dad unmarried and again split with him.

Looking at most peoples parents I know if they were married before they had their first child they are still together to this day and vice versa.
I think this is due to the bond of marriage, when you get married you make a commitment to be with someone through anything meaning you LOVE them enough to make the vows whereas when you have children unmarried you merely have the commitment of a child and perhaps not love.

I am not intending to offend anyone so apologies if I have It is just a theory I am planning on writing about.

So If you could reply to this thread with:

Married or not married (When they had their first child together)
and Still together or split

So If I were to reply to this thread I would with:

Unmarried and split

Married and split (:

Would you mind taking a moment to do mine please? You just need to follow this link: http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/katherine-Db/student-s-opinion-about-stem-cell-research/
Thanks a million :smile:
Reply 39
not married
seperated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending