Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone watch this? What do you think about it?

For those of you that don't, it is about a cult that follows a serial killer who idolises the works of Edgar Allan Poe and believes death is beauty. My description doesn't really do it justice, I'm really into it at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've been watching it I thought there must be a thread somewhere! I guess not that many people watch it, which is a shame.

Joe is seriously creepy and well acted and I love the style of the show. It's quite graphic in places, but this just makes it seem more realistic to me, like this is something that could actually happen. I suppose its quite dark and has lots of tense moments too. And Kevin Bacon is awesome of course.

Sadly the episodes seem to have gone downhill a bit to me The more recent episodes have been frustrating me because they just don't seem realistic, like the way they're written doesn't make much sense. Reviews of it say the same kind of thing.

So I'm hoping the last few improve and we get a really good finale. Hopefully we'll finally get to see what Joe's big plans are.

ReputationRep:
    It's a good show, maybe a bit slow but both Kevin Bacon and the actor who plays Joe Carroll are very good. Carroll in particular. Last few episodes seem to be a bit filler-ish though

ReputationRep:
    The first five episodes were great. I was on the edge of my sofa all the time!
    However, it's going downhill, it's kinda frustrating now, seems like they are getting nowhere such as last weeks episode was boring. I want to be freaked out like at the start

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Joe Carroll is great! I think since they have got into the house it has gone downhill. I think Roderick is due to explode soon so I think things might get interesting!

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently up to episode 7 and it's rapidly losing its appeal... They just seem to be adding an increasing number of conveniently placed cult members (with no/weak back-stories, so I question why they dedicate their lives to him) that thwart any progress in catching Carroll. Strikes me as one of those typical, profit-driven American/Canadian shows that are written to go on forever as long as the show has enough ratings. :/

Is it supposed to be one of those shows where I'm expected to invoke a suspension of disbelief (e.g., how on Earth did nobody in that plaza recognise him? :confused:) or something realistic? I don't even know what to think.

The thrilling aspect of the show is attenuated if I know that every time they get close there will be a corrupted member of authority that takes everyone back to square one; all that's left is a boring, predictable show that only goes in circles... I suppose I'll keep watching to see if it picks up. :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Ah I really like it, but the last few episodes seem to be losing their "chase".

I'm very curious though if a season 2 is going to follow, anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buberries)
    Ah I really like it, but the last few episodes seem to be losing their "chase".

I'm very curious though if a season 2 is going to follow, anyone know?
    Yeah, it's been renewed.

ReputationRep:
    Started off great, now it is crap. They should not have made the season so long, that way they could have maintained the great standard. I might still watch it, but for me it's pretty much ruined!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    All of these murders and Claire is the first one with a successful attempt on his life... :erm:

What the hell? That guy with the gun could have easily shot Melissa when she pounced on Nick.

ReputationRep:
    Agreeing with the general theme.

As someone who has a strong interest in Serial Killers (No Pycho ...promise >.>) I was really looking forward to this, and the first few episodes really captured me.
    Last three though...are a bit....slow.

I have hope though!

Roll on Dexter S8 I say.

ReputationRep:
    I love it!! One of my favourite TV shows at the moment, I'm up to episode 13 and still enjoy each one.

If you like it I recommend Hannibal and Bates Motel - two more new shows I'm really enjoyinng

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
    Agreeing with the general theme.

As someone who has a strong interest in Serial Killers (No Pycho ...promise >.>) I was really looking forward to this, and the first few episodes really captured me.
    Last three though...are a bit....slow.

I have hope though!

Roll on Dexter S8 I say.
    I love Dexter!

Anyway, I thought last nights episode was a bit weak. Seems like so many stupid things were done.
    Atm I can't see where they would go with a second season..

ReputationRep:
    Good show, just seems to go round in circles a bit :/ god knows how they're going to drag it across another series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Good show, just seems to go round in circles a bit :/ god knows how they're going to drag it across another series.
    Yeah, it's a shame because they have some really good characters but are making all the wrong choices for them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ...Why not kill him? A few stabs in the neck with that fork and the nightmare ends. :erm: Oh well, I suppose it would be a bit anticlimactic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    All of these murders and Claire is the first one with a successful attempt on his life... :erm:

What the hell? That guy with the gun could have easily shot Melissa when she pounced on Nick.
    Not that anyone really cares about Nick I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whyumadtho)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ...Why not kill him? A few stabs in the neck with that fork and the nightmare ends. :erm: Oh well, I suppose it would be a bit anticlimactic.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah I don't see why Claire tried to stab him..and it wasn't exactly a stab to kill. Also I was like why not just follow Roderick and see if he would lead them somewhere. But I just like shouting at my TV I guess lol.

ReputationRep:
    I love it

But then Kevin Bacon is the sexiest man alive

Spoiler:
    Show

well he is if you are a 50 yr old woman like me

ReputationRep:
    AAAAH, they can't end it like that!!! :unimpressed:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.