Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello The Student Room !!

My name is Stephane, I'm French, I'm 23, and I've been living in London for 2 years now.
    In France I stopped my studies after Technical college where I graduated in Retail & Merchandising.
    But my passion always have been music, I sing, play piano and guitar.
    In France, music studies seems too rare or too expensive, but here in London, I feel like there's a lot of opportunities.

So here are my questions :

- Is it possible to go to a music College or University without any previous music studies?? (except music school of course coz I didn't learn piano and guitar all by myself ^^)
    - Is my French Nationality gonna be a problem??
    - Do you have some schools name in mind?? Whether it's free or not...

I'm ready to hear all propositions, cause I'm lost on this subject, I don't know where I'm going and I don't know where I should start looking first. So a Student Forum might be a good start ^^

Thank you very much !

ReputationRep:
    There are probably lots of courses you could do! Are you a classical/pop/jazz musician?

ReputationRep:
    I'm more into Pop music but I like Jazz and classical as well !

ReputationRep:
    Check out http://www.lccm.org.uk/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.