Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who did BIO1 what revision techniques did you usefor it. In the past, read the AQA Nelson thornes textbook thinking it wouldgive me all the knowledge and doing past papers and I didn't do very well. imre-taking this exam this summer.
    has anyone got any good revision techniques that theyused which worked? I know there’s a collins AS aqa textbook and is that anybetter? The grade boundaries are really tight for this exam and I’m starting to worry.
    Thanks in advance J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanj18)
    Anyone who did BIO1 what revision techniques did you usefor it. In the past, read the AQA Nelson thornes textbook thinking it wouldgive me all the knowledge and doing past papers and I didn't do very well. imre-taking this exam this summer.
    has anyone got any good revision techniques that theyused which worked? I know there’s a collins AS aqa textbook and is that anybetter? The grade boundaries are really tight for this exam and I’m starting to worry.
    Thanks in advance J
    i'm revising for this too, the most effective method of revision is to use the specification and the cgp guide in conjunction with one another, the best book money can buy is the hodder one, its expensive but very useful indeed...
    the important thing is not to over-revise, just do what it says in the specification enough to be able to write out the important information from memory

ReputationRep:
    Thanks in advance J
    I did the same as you with Nelson Thornes and past papers and it worked well. I think the Nelson Thornes textbook is really good - the best I've used and by AQA so I wouldnt get another. Did you do the past papers multiple times? I found by doing each one until I got full marks (sometimes that would mean 4 times!) and making loads of flash cards on the knowledge helped. Also being REALLY strict with the marking and learning the markschemes word for word made a big difference as they're so strict with how they award marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallaby)
    I did the same as you with Nelson Thornes and past papers and it worked well. I think the Nelson Thornes textbook is really good - the best I've used and by AQA so I wouldnt get another. Did you do the past papers multiple times? I found by doing each one until I got full marks (sometimes that would mean 4 times!) and making loads of flash cards on the knowledge helped. Also being REALLY strict with the marking and learning the markschemes word for word made a big difference as they're so strict with how they award marks
    i didn't do them multiple times, where as others I know did. that's probably where I went wrong. the Collins has way more info then the nelson thornes one and if some of it is not needed, then I gna have to stop using it and switch back again. what ums did you get if you don't mind me asking.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't do them multiple times, where as others I know did. that's probably where I went wrong. the Collins has way more info then the nelson thornes one and if some of it is not needed, then I gna have to stop using it and switch back again. what ums did you get if you don't mind me asking.
    Okay Well use which text book you like the most but i would honestly reccomend keep redoing the papers to get what they want imprinted in your mind. No it's fine, I'm in year 13 and have full UMS in every unit apart from my AS ISA Revising unit 5 today

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.