Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Am I elegible for any maintenance loans (living costs) from the UK government?

I have a French passport, and live in France, although I was born in England, and lived there for 7 years.

Hypothetically, if I was to get an English passport now (which I could do if I wanted), would I then be able to get the loans, or would I have had to be living in England for 3 years prior to applying?

(I know for sure that I'm able to get the tuition fee loans - just don't want to have to be using my parents' money for everyday stuff really.)

If you need any more info to answer my question I will be happy to oblige.

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Georges,

As you've mentioned you will be eligible to receive a Tuition Fee Loan as an EU student but you will need to have been resident in the UK for 3 years prior to 1 September 2013 to be eligible to receive maintenance support.

Hope this clarifies,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.