Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So... Who's getting relegated then? Watch

ReputationRep:
    With just 6/7 games left this season in the premier league, the focus is very much on the bottom half with just 6 points separating the 11th place to 18th. So, who do you reckon will avoid the drop, and who do you think will go down?

Name:  table2.png
Views: 1117
Size:  7.5 KB

I think Reading and QPR are gone, and I think either Sunderland/Stoke will join them.

Being a Villa fan I'm desperately trying to be optimistic!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Sunderland will join QPR and Reading.

ReputationRep:
    I think we can all agree that QPR and Reading are goners.

At this point of the season, momentum has a huge part to play. There's two sides at the bottom that are starting to pick up a few points: Villa and Wigan. And there's three that are in free-fall: Norwich, Stoke and Sunderland. Without looking too in depth at their run-ins, I think one of those three are likely to take that last spot. Norwich have 35 points but I think the clubs will need a higher points total than usual to stay up.

For my prediction: Sunderland. They are awful, have no momentum and have a tough run-in.

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland, QPR and Reading but I really really really want Stoke to go down.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really glad for Southampton. Love watching them play football I hope that they go back to their traditional striped kit next season though...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why but I don't want Stoke to be relegated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    I don't know why but I don't want Stoke to be relegated.
    I personally don't like how they play. Very boring to watch. On the contrary, I love watching Wigan (when they turn up). I'd like to see a team like Brighton in the prem next season. They have a good chance for the playoffs as well

ReputationRep:
    I'd be happy with anyone but us If I could choose though, it'd have to be Sunderland or Stoke, along with QPR and Reading.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Stoke join QPR and Reading. Diabolical team with horrendous fans and an awful style of play.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by KingGoonIan)
    Hopefully Stoke will join QPR and Reading.
    Fixed.

It's them or Sunderland imo. They still have to play each other and given how useless Stoke are away from home Sunderland should really win that if they have any desire to stay up. Norwich, West Ham, Soton and Newcastle realistically need 1 win which they all should achieve. Villa seem to have found a bit of form and Wigan always find a way to get out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Reading and QPR looks like definites, so annoyed that Wigan got a point yesterday.

I hope we (Norwich) don't. We are easily capable of staying up which was shown with our 11 game unbeaten run before Christmas, but we have sort of turned and are doing a Blackpool.
    It seems like announcing we signed van Wolfwinkel has jinxed us.

Though we have easier games coming up than Wigan and Sunderland. And if we keep drawing, we can get to safety. Then again, we are playing a lot of teams in the same position as us. Though if we can get 1 win, we should be fine.

We just need to play as we did against Swansea and we should be okay.

I think Stoke will be the 3rd team, they are like us and can't score goals.

ReputationRep:
    Using the BBC predictor, I had QPR, Reading and Wigan down. And I'll stick to that.

However, I'd love it for Sunderland or Stoke to join QPR/Reading and because Wigan most of the time give us 6 easy points. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Using the BBC predictor, I had QPR, Reading and Wigan down. And I'll stick to that.

However, I'd love it for Sunderland or Stoke to join QPR/Reading and because Wigan most of the time give us 6 easy points. :P
    I have QPR, Reading and Norwich from the predictor. But I think Norwich will be ok. Better than Lawro's predictions though, who has QPR 9th or something stupid like that!

ReputationRep:
    QPR, Reading and Sunderland for me. Stoke would be lovely though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninuzu)
    I personally don't like how they play. Very boring to watch. On the contrary, I love watching Wigan (when they turn up). I'd like to see a team like Brighton in the prem next season. They have a good chance for the playoffs as well
    Agreed here, but that's because I'm a Brighton fan.

I think Stoke might go as well, they have been struggling lately.

ReputationRep:
    18th Wigan
    19th Reading
    20th QPR

But I would prefer if Stoke went down instead but from viewing the fixture list, I deciphered that the above 3 teams will fill the final relegation slots. Also, I'm glad for Southampton, they place some lovely football

ReputationRep:
    Stoke. Been in freefall since Christmas and the one thing they pride themselves on - defending - has deserted them.

ReputationRep:
    Sunderland
    QPR
    Reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Stoke. Been in freefall since Christmas and the one thing they pride themselves on - defending - has deserted them.
    Can't see it myself. They'll probably grind out a couple of results in typical ugly style unfortunately.

Its good to see some of their fans turn on Pulis though. I'd love to see the back of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markloach)
    Can't see it myself. They'll probably grind out a couple of results in typical ugly style unfortunately.

Its good to see some of their fans turn on Pulis though. I'd love to see the back of him.
    They're in trouble if they get rid of Pulis though. He's designed this team specifically to play his way and only his way. If Stoke are to play better football, their entire squad will probably need an overhaul.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.