Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heya,

So I'm posting here as I'm a bit frustrated. In my January exams I got 1 UMS off an A in C1 Maths which I am happy with as my target is a B and a C in Biology.

This was a massive let down as I had been getting borderline A's in all of my past papers and I generally feel I have a good understanding of the subject. Needless to say I'll be retaking my Biology in May.

My problem is that, despite doing hours and hours of notes, past papers/mark schemes, examiner's reports etc, I seem to have hit my limit. My highest mark in a Maths paper has been 61/75 and my Biology I am getting a similar grade - generally on the A/B boundary.

I really enjoy learning and I'm determined to not let myself down in my exams like I did in my Biology in January. I understand everything we go through in class, make notes out of more than one text book for each subject and analyse as many past papers and mark schemes as possible. In addition I have made many scratch cards based off of mark schemes and key definitions.

So I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas how I can really consolidate what I've done so far and go one step further, I feel it's within me but I just need some advice on how to achieve what I feel I can.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    When you do past papers, really look back at the mark schemes... see what Keywords you were missing out on and what they want you to write... sometimes the mark schemes don't make much sense related to the question and you may have made a very good point, but there was no credit for it on the mark scheme.

Hope this helped,

Toby

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.