Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heya,
    I'm starting a children's nursing course in a few weeks and a friend who took the course a year or so ago suggested some books which she said are a necessity, they are:

BNF for Children and Physiology and Anatomy - Ross and Wison.

Would it be worth me getting these books now, to sort of hit the ground running, or are they at all outdated and I should wait for a reading list?

Thanks for any suggestions!

ReputationRep:
    The BNF for children will come in extremely handy throughout the course, you can normally pick up cheap ones on Amazon. You will also need a physiology and anatomy book but sometimes different uni will state different ones in their reading list.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bnf.org/bnf/index.htm

You can register for the BNF and the BNF for kids online for free here rather than trying to buy a copy. You can sometimes scrounge a copy off a friendly pharmacist. The online version is the most up to date though. you can also get a BNF app on the iphone, but you need an athens password to download it which you should get once you start as a student.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.