Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I've been stuck between Bath and Kings for my second choice. I have already received an offer from Imperial to study computing however it is such a high offer that I really thinking hard about what I will put as my insurance.

I've looked at university rankings online (http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...ables/rankings) and the most reliable website I've seen puts Bath higher than KCL. However, I know these tables fluctuate a lot from year to year and do not take into account other factors such as student life and nightlife, as well as cost of living etc.

I was wondering what everyone would choose with regard to the two options. I am looking to have a really good nightlife but also really enjoy the course. Neither of my choices include a year in industry and are both 4 year MSci courses (I believe). I have looked at both courses online and read about them but it is pretty hard to decide. (I also really love London!)

Thanks,

Mikeecb

ReputationRep:
    King's is the best I think, London is so cool plus the course is amazing. Lots of fit gals in London too!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I go to bath and study Electrical eng, which isn't too dissimilar to computer science, so if you want to know anything ask away.

As for which is better, bath is ranked higher, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's better (or worse). I'm sure both are taught to a very high standard. One thing about bath though is that it has one of the biggest industrial links of any uni, and there is a huge emphasis on summer placements and a year in industry which the uni will bend over backwards to get you one.

ReputationRep:
    Bath's 4 year course is an MComp, which I personally didn't like the sound of..

However, computer scientists/programmers are so sought after that I don't think it matters too much where you go, seeing as they're both excellent unis, just have a think where you'd prefer to live for the next 4 years. Good luck for you imperial offer!! I've heard the computer science ones are quite tough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.