Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

French student - too qualified for Access to Higher Education? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

my name is Thomas, I'm a 22 y-o french student.

I got my baccalauréat (which I believe is the same as A level) specialized in literrature with a distinction in 2008, I then got accepted at Sciences Po Bordeaux, a renowned college which educates the future political and economical leaders of the country. (This sounds quite pretentious, but believe me, I'm not)

The fact is that France has poor art schools compared to England, and few student are encouraged to do such studies. So I was rather happy to get to study at Sciences Po. It took me a while to realize that the center of my interests was fashion, so I recently dropped my studies to prepare a portfolio for an English University that offers fashion courses, such as London College of Fashion or Central Saint Martins. Since I feel that I need to learn some basis, I thought that Access to Higher Education (in Fashion) was the program that fitted me most.

My question is, does Access to HE accept people who have already studied at any University?
    Also, am I to qualified to study in an Access To Higher Education Course? I mean, I read that it was for people without qualifications, but on London College of Fashion's website, it's said that you "should provide details of all formal qualifications achieved". http://www.fashion.arts.ac.uk/course...ation-fashion/

Is anyone in the same case as me?

Thanks for your answer, it's kind of hard to understand a school system that is totally different

PS: I'll be happy to help people who want to study in France, for this is a system that I got to know for five years already!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, anyone can study an Access course. Sometimes British university graduates have to do them if they wish to change careers and study for another qualification in an unrelated field.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, you just made it a lot clearer

ReputationRep:
    There is a doctor on my Access course (Access to Nursing) and plenty of others with degrees in other areas. Previous study at university shouldn't stop you getting in.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.