english lit AQA Watch

michelle05
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
are you allowed to write notes in the novel? i think my teacher told us that we can't but i cant remember!

also, if we arent allowed to write notes in, do you know if we would be able to fold the corner of the pages down where significant things happen?? or is that cheating?
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, you may not write any annotations.
Folding the corners down is very risky, as centres will occasionally be subject to random checking by outside examiners (never say this won't happen because it very well could do...my english teacher has the pleasure of catching people out) and if you are caught, you will automatically be failed for all AQA exams.
But allow, do what you want on your own head.
Metrobeans
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In our school we're given unannotated copies of the Anthologies.
FireDeuce
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yea so are we, but we have to bring in a clean copy of the prose
Gramatic
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In our school, we are given a clean copy of the anthology but we are given a clean copy of teh set-text to re-read it before the exam.

You are not allowed to write in the Set-Text.
hellom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I doubt they'll take u out for just folding over the edge of a page,you could just say it's an old coppy.
hellom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I doubt they'll take u out for just folding over the edge of a page,you could just say it's an old copy.
FireDeuce
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hellom)
I doubt they'll take u out for just folding over the edge of a page,you could just say it's an old copy.
No, they'll just bend them back so it's a pointless excercise.
Wezzo
Report 12 years ago
I'm taking AQA Lit on Tuesday, and we've been told we can take annotated copies (of Lord of the Flies) in - in fact, we were encouraged to annotate them.. (We're given clean Anthologies though).
FireDeuce
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Allow, I hope your school gets caught out with that, because that really is unfair and cheating to everyone else.
jessie_vio
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Wezzo)
I'm taking AQA Lit on Tuesday, and we've been told we can take annotated copies (of Lord of the Flies) in - in fact, we were encouraged to annotate them.. (We're given clean Anthologies though).
that's not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm taking my eng exam on TUesday as well and we are going to be given a blank copy
:mad:
Cataclysm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmm, we aren't allowed to take any of our set-texts into the examination room (annotated or not) - I hate WJEC :mad:
Gramatic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Wezzo)
:mad: That is so unfair!!!
davidjones90
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Cataclysm)
Hmm, we aren't allowed to take any of our set-texts into the examination room (annotated or not) - I hate WJEC :mad:

So does everyone else in your exam board. You will write a much more 'natual' essay!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (329)
37.3%
No - but I will (71)
8.05%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.14%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (419)
47.51%

Watched Threads