Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thinking of buying some items in bulk from wholesaler and then selling on eBay, just wondering if anyone has any experience in this field and could possibly help me? that would be really great! I do realize there are a lot of sellers out there and it is probably hard to get into but I really do need to make some money and this is the easiest option.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i was thinking of doing that too. I have got a van, get in.

ReputationRep:
    Not as easy as it sounds, you need to find a gap in the market, find a cheap supplier, slowly gain sales and important good rep.

ReputationRep:
    its not as easy as some people may seem. You will have to consider a number of things such as P&P costs including envelops/bubble wrap ect that you will need to use.

Find a really cheap supplier, but be prepared to pay VAT on top of the price asked for the product , including delivery costs.

It's important to look for a gap in a market to set yourself aside from other sellers.

I personally looked into selling high end quality make up. it looked promising until I added all the above costs up and found about another 10 or so people selling the exact same product for less than what I could have possibly sold it for myself in order to make profit.

It's also difficult to build reputation as well, again, something else these sellers had over me. I think if I went ahead with the idea I would have made £20 . The effort wasn't worth it Tbh. it'll take time but not impossible

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Do the sums. Take into consideration the cost to post each item via Royal Mail or whatever you use, packaging costs, Ebay fees (listing and final value), Paypal fees, account for a percentage of your sales being refunded. In the end will your profit margin and hourly rate be worth it?

There aren't really many 'gaps in the market' as such on Ebay for selling common cheap goods. The chances are that you'll have multiple sellers selling exactly the same thing which will only result in low margins.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.