Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    https://submissions.epetitions.direc...etitions/33327

Whilst this has received a response from the government this petition could be discussed in parliament if you sign it so help bring that debate. There are many backbenchers in parliament who would be glad to see the back of the least competent Prime Minister and Chancellor in a generation and would vote for this and deliver a damaging blow to the coalition and I'm sure there is many people on this site who will agree that these two should go I urge you to sign this petition. 20 days. It needs 70,000 signatures in 20 days, so circulate it everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Or you could y'know, just not vote for him and hope your views are that of the majority.

ReputationRep:
    Just lol, as if an e-petition is going to get rid of the least competent people in a generation (IGNORING GORDAN BROWN AND ED BALLS THEN!?)

Dear oh dear, if you think your 70,000 signatures is going to get rid of a government elected by millions, you know nothing about politics

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astonix)
    Or you could y'know, just not vote for him and hope your views are that of the majority.
    We only get a vote once in every 5 years, that isn't democracy it's short term dictatorship.

ReputationRep:
    lol.

This is an embarrassment, and would be a travesty for democracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)

Whilst this has received a response from the government this petition could be discussed in parliament if you sign it so help bring that debate. There are many backbenchers in parliament who would be glad to see the back of the least competent Prime Minister and Chancellor in a generation and would vote for this and deliver a damaging blow to the coalition and I'm sure there is many people on this site who will agree that these two should go I urge you to sign this petition. 20 days. It needs 70,000 signatures in 20 days, so circulate it everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCanis)
    lol.

This is an embarrassment, and would be a travesty for democracy.
    Yes using a democratic tool such as a petition to try and get an outcome would be a travesty for democracy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes using a democratic tool such as a petition to try and get an outcome would be a travesty for democracy :rolleyes:
    Did you see the end of their petition statement? They want the government to call a general election based on the opinions of uber-left political activists. So yes, it is anti-democratic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCanis)
    Did you see the end of their petition statement? They want the government to call a general election based on the opinions of uber-left political activists. So yes, it is anti-democratic.
    It's not a few uber-left political activists. Millions of people believe Osborne and Cameron to be incompetent and dangerous, including members of his own party.

ReputationRep:

Unfortunately i need some evidence of failings before i can sign an genuinely, i will if proven.

As far as im aware the coalition have eliminated over a quarter of the deficit which is good. Also they have raised the income tax threshold to £10,000, something that wouldnt have happened under labour.

Dont get me wrong, a lot of the policies are hurtful such as the 'bed room tax' and the country is basically in a state of stagnant growth, however the two parties working together are a lesser evil than labour in for a fourth term.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a few uber-left political activists. Millions of people believe Osborne and Cameron to be incompetent and dangerous, including members of his own party.
    Then I'll wait for a majority of the UK population to sign the petition. Otherwise it would be anti-democratic to call a GE based on it.

ReputationRep:

What difference would that make? They all **** in the same toilet. If not the Tories, it'll be Labour (again) or UKIP who screws us over. Besides, Labour got us into this mess in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    We only get a vote once in every 5 years, that isn't democracy it's short term dictatorship.
    If we had it your way the government wouldn't ever get anything done and would only operate to make the electorate happy in the short term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexh42)
    If we had it your way the government wouldn't ever get anything done and would only operate to make the electorate happy in the short term.
    No if it had it my way democracy would be a much more localised process and people would have much more ability to determine how politicians run their lives. Westminster-style democracy is a sham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macabre)
    Unfortunately i need some evidence of failings before i can sign an genuinely, i will if proven.

As far as im aware the coalition have eliminated over a quarter of the deficit which is good. Also they have raised the income tax threshold to £10,000, something that wouldnt have happened under labour.
    They've eliminated a quarter of the deficit however piled the savings on to the national debt which is rising at £121bn per annum, over the 5 year parliament that dwarves the savings made on the deficit and passes the problem on to the next generation.

Dont get me wrong, a lot of the policies are hurtful such as the 'bed room tax' and the country is basically in a state of stagnant growth, however the two parties working together are a lesser evil than labour in for a fourth term.
    Some of their policies aren't just hurtful they are deadly. There whole focus is also wrong as they care more about curating economic growth than getting people into work.

ReputationRep:
    I'm making a petition asking for the government to ignore the previous petition, watch this space

ReputationRep:
    They've eliminated a quarter of the deficit however piled the savings on to the national debt which is rising at £121bn per annum, over the 5 year parliament that dwarves the savings made on the deficit and passes the problem on to the next generation.

Some of their policies aren't just hurtful they are deadly. There whole focus is also wrong as they care more about curating economic growth than getting people into work.
    ..when it used to be £125 billion

Basically they've been too optimistic on how quickly their reforms would take effect, but they're still bringing us back in a stable balanced way that Labour would never manage.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks but no thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of this petition, even if Osborne and Cameron stepped down, the replacement would be Tories as well. I mean, unless it forces a general election which politician in charge make no difference.

Either they'll be replaced by Tories, so we'll have Boris, Duncan-Smith, Hague or Gove "cringe" as PM or chancellor, in which case its not really any better.

Or it will force a general election, meaning the coalition splits and we become government-less.

Hmmmm....

ReputationRep:
    And any less would cause political fatigue and nothing would ever get done.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.