Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harry Styles' Fans Struggle With His Tweet About Maggie Thatcher! Watch

ReputationRep:
    His tweet was "RIP #Margaret Thatcher" and this was what it was met with:

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl2:

There's always a group of extremely ignorant people following a prolific event or person's death. Never gets old. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Because MARGARET is totally a mans name... :ahee:

Quality trolling.

ReputationRep:
    http://whoismargaretthatcher.tumblr.com/

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow 😏

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are people too lazy to google this ****?

ReputationRep:
    wow! just wow! at least harry styles knew who she was ...

I have friends at uni who have no idea who is in the cabinet or who our prime minister is :confused: and I'm 21 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hali0112)

I have friends at uni who have no idea who is in the cabinet or who our prime minister is :confused: and I'm 21 :rolleyes:
    That's worrying, although I admit was a politics geek when I was 14.

ReputationRep:
    Of all the Thatcher tweets, these were my favourite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hali0112)

To be fair, I could only name the "major" cabinet positions (chancellor, foreign affairs, business, etc. - I have no idea who's in charge of fisheries), and I consider myself relatively knowledgeable about politics. But not knowing the name of the prime minister is unforgivable.

lol you'd think 1d fans would know harry's mum's name! x

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately the internet -and real life- is full of thick people. There is no getting away from that.

ReputationRep:
    Be honest guys, did you genuinely expect anything more from One Direction fans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bad_moose)
    Be honest guys, did you genuinely expect anything more from One Direction fans?
    True. The funny thing is Harry knows who she is, but I doubt that someone like Justin Bieber knows about her - but then again, I barely know about the Canadian administration; but then again I naturally know a lot about the United States administrations, as I'm sure many do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    That's worrying, although I admit was a politics geek when I was 14.
    I think even at 10 I knew who the prime minister was and some important political people like the US president and also royal family members. My dad made sure I was aware and still does of politics so that I don't come across stupid. No matter how intelligent you are, everyone should have some basic awareness of current affairs cos it affects us all

(Original post by dendodge)
    To be fair, I could only name the "major" cabinet positions (chancellor, foreign affairs, business, etc. - I have no idea who's in charge of fisheries), and I consider myself relatively knowledgeable about politics. But not knowing the name of the prime minister is unforgivable.
    It is unforgivable! I asked my housemate who the prime minister was and she had a think and after about 5 minutes said David Cameron cos it's not Gordon Brown anymore. In those 5 minutes every respect I had for her intelligence was slipping further and further away.

ReputationRep:
    The worst thing is these kids are the future of this country. The general knowledge in these kids is atrocious.

ReputationRep:
    Hah! Another cracking thread by yourself! Nice

ReputationRep:
    Cool.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.