The Student Room Group

am i worrying about my boyfriend and other girl for no reason?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sarah_22_16
Sounds like he loves her (hence why he said he liked her), she rejected him shortly after (hence the change of tone two days later) and then he gets with you as second choice/rebound.

He isn't even being respectful and trying to move on or hide it. Get rid before you develop too strong feelings for him. You deserve to be someones number one. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He does seem to like me an awful lot too. Id guess Id have to go out with both of them to see who his heart truly lies with.
Original post by Anonymous
The bit in bold is exactly what I just said to my friend. I think if im this insecure after a week Im only going to get worse not better.

Im just going to take a deep breath and enjoy being with him and not mention it. Its going to be hard, but like you say, if I mention it this early its just going to flash warning signs for him. I need to just accept it!

Hey, it doesn't have to be hard!

Seriously, you have no reason to be insecure. I can't know what's going on his head but I know insecure people well enough to know there really is no problem with you. There never is! Thats the whole point of insecurity: it's just foundation-less! :wink:

It's all in your head right now but just dispel it :smile:.

Yeah, deep breaths are good :P. I mean come on, love yourself a little, people don't do this enough (some people do it too much). But like personally with me, I've spent ages of my life just self-loathing but recently I realised there are some awesome things about me and I know I should think I'm awesome. If I don't noone else will, you know. So just do it girl. Think like that.

The only real thing that sends a person a buzz is self acceptance, warmth and friendliness! When in doubt, just close your eyes and say 'I am a innerly beautiful goddess glowing on a summer beach' and you will be reminded that that crazy girl off TSR was right! Serious! Good luck, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about :biggrin: xxx
Reply 22
Original post by SummitOfReason
Hey, it doesn't have to be hard!

Seriously, you have no reason to be insecure. I can't know what's going on his head but I know insecure people well enough to know there really is no problem with you. There never is! Thats the whole point of insecurity: it's just foundation-less! :wink:

It's all in your head right now but just dispel it :smile:.

Yeah, deep breaths are good :P. I mean come on, love yourself a little, people don't do this enough (some people do it too much). But like personally with me, I've spent ages of my life just self-loathing but recently I realised there are some awesome things about me and I know I should think I'm awesome. If I don't noone else will, you know. So just do it girl. Think like that.

The only real thing that sends a person a buzz is self acceptance, warmth and friendliness! When in doubt, just close your eyes and say 'I am a innerly beautiful goddess glowing on a summer beach' and you will be reminded that that crazy girl off TSR was right! Serious! Good luck, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about :biggrin: xxx

i know i know your right :frown: wish i could rep you but ran out.

Its just it was only a few weeks ago he said he liked her and thats why im bothered.

Plus he does everything for her, things that he doesnt do for anyone else. Like hes said before he would ditch any of his friends for me (which i had a go at him about) except he ditched me twice so he could meet her instead!

Thats why im bothered :frown:
i know i know your right :frown: wish i could rep you but ran out.

Its just it was only a few weeks ago he said he liked her and thats why im bothered.

Plus he does everything for her, things that he doesnt do for anyone else. Like hes said before he would ditch any of his friends for me (which i had a go at him about) except he ditched me twice so he could meet her instead!

Thats why im bothered :frown:

Really? Just him and her?

Ok, look if it's just him and her, and he made an exception to his promise to meet her, that's just straight up out of order.

Everything I said about not being insecure still applies though, times 100%. At the end of the day if he isn't the one to appreciate the real you then screw him! And I don't literally mean screw him! Don't let him phase you.

My advice to you: Have fun, but take this whole thing a lot less seriously because he seems to think he can mess about a fair bit. You need to show him that your time is a lot more precious to you than he seems to think right now i.e. be less available. Two can play at that game. Wait for him to propose to meet then do so, then call it off and see how he responds. Bet he'll be puzzled. Don't give him too much of anything yet, you don't want to give too much away too early. Save it for later, and keep the appeal. You don't need to be crafty or manipulative about this, simply just hold back on the love a little, you know. There's no need to give it away where it isn't deserved. Hang out with your friends more. Relationships come and go but true friends remain forever. Sisters before misters. Always. And that is my advice to you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by SummitOfReason
Really? Just him and her?

Ok, look if it's just him and her, and he made an exception to his promise to meet her, that's just straight up out of order.

Everything I said about not being insecure still applies though, times 100%. At the end of the day if he isn't the one to appreciate the real you then screw him! And I don't literally mean screw him! Don't let him phase you.

My advice to you: Have fun, but take this whole thing a lot less seriously because he seems to think he can mess about a fair bit. You need to show him that your time is a lot more precious to you than he seems to think right now i.e. be less available. Two can play at that game. Wait for him to propose to meet then do so, then call it off and see how he responds. Bet he'll be puzzled. Don't give him too much of anything yet, you don't want to give too much away too early. Save it for later, and keep the appeal. You don't need to be crafty or manipulative about this, simply just hold back on the love a little, you know. There's no need to give it away where it isn't deserved. Hang out with your friends more. Relationships come and go but true friends remain forever. Sisters before misters. Always. And that is my advice to you.

Thank you and yes i know it did piss me off a lot!

He hasnt done it since being together a lot, but I know he values her a lot.

Spoke to him tonight and hes being so lovely (not talking about her) but hes planning some sweet things for us, so i guess i cant be too angry :tongue:
Reply 25
Thank you and yes i know it did piss me off a lot!

He hasnt done it since being together a lot, but I know he values her a lot.

Spoke to him tonight and hes being so lovely (not talking about her) but hes planning some sweet things for us, so i guess i cant be too angry :tongue:

That's nice to hear. My personal favourite quote is "never settle for second best" if you know you deserve a lot more :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending