Building up Biceps? Watch

screenager
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Chi3f)
no.... triceps are the way to go for big arms, seeing triceps are 2/3 of you arm
Since when? I have more parts of my arm that aren't triceps than ones that are.
Chi3f
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rewmck)
Since when?
since the beginning of the human race
Caribou
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Chi3f)
no.... triceps are the way to go for big arms, seeing triceps are 2/3 of you arm
damn straight.

Working on triceps and to an extent delts will give the appearance of bigger arms than just working on biceps.

Mind you... you gotta work em all... all the major muscle groups in your body if you want to stay in proportion and avoid looking stoopid.
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The person was wrong about them building up biceps but doing a few pressups wouldn't do any harm, they will make the arm look bigger and that's what the guy wants, but biceps are the way to go for big arms so focus mostly on them.
Pressups do absolutely nothing noticeable. And you're wrong.
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lapsaJ)
Never mind. A certain pimp gave me a 3 day split including exercises on how to lengthen my biceps. :rolleyes:
'Pimp' possesses the brains of a lice, and has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. You can't 'lengthen' a bicep, unless you happen to be able to change your bone structure. Perhaps you mean something different?
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bis)
yeah, bicep curling makes your bicep longer!:rolleyes:

not sure why this hasn't been made a society? because you're a joke, and nobody would take it seriously with a dumbass like you leading it.

You're really not on the ball today are you.
dan1982
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bis)
You saved me a lot of typing.
And alot of googling for the right answer
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lapsaJ)
You're really not on the ball today are you.
Oh, right. Gosh my memory isn't that good!
Tw!stEd
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The way i train my arm's is....
5x15 db curls on fitball
5x12 tricep curls(one where ya on ya back) on fitball
3x8 (heavy weight) standing bicep curl
1x6 (heavier...close as failure as possible) standing bicep curl
3x8 tricep curl (i use on of them pull down bar's)
1x6 tricep curl

then I finish with 7's/matrix trianing using bicep curl(which is 7 half extensions from bottom to middle, 7 ehalf extentions from middle to top, then 7 full extentions) n I do that twice...

I do that twice a week....
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, at least now he knows what not to do.
screenager
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bis)
Pressups do absolutely nothing noticeable. And you're wrong.
Nothing about what I said made me wrong. I said pressups would do no harm but the main way to make his arms bigger would be to works on biceps. I was agreeing with you but suggesting doing a few pressups for general physical improvement instead of just having huge biceps and pathetic triceps.
Tw!stEd
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Whats wrong wiht that...
Has built mine up a fair bit + made them stronger + made them have better endurance...
Gimperial
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wtf, whats with the low number of sets you are recommending.

The best way is 3 sets per excercise, 3 excercises per major muscle group. Aim for failure between 4-7 reps, whichever works for you.

Leave 3 days at the very LEAST, what you should do is train the same muscle group once a week. I've recently read somewhere that muscle doesnt start building untill after it stops hurting, not while it still hurts.

You should really be doing other muscles, esp legs, on days when you cant do biceps. Quad excercises may be boring, but they're the biggest muscles in the body and will stimulate a higher ammount of testesterone than the comparatively small biceps (or any other arm muscles). The testesterone will lead to your biceps growing as well, not just your legs.

Last but not least, prolly the most important really, is diet. You should aim for a 40:40:20 split between protein, carbs and fats. A good way to find the ammount of calories you need to just keep your current weight is using the BMR value. http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...calculator.php
Off course, to gain muscle you will need to increase on this ammount of cals, 3000 calories/day should be good enough if you're serious, 2500 should be fine though. Carbs and proteins are about 3 calories / gram, fats are about 9/gram.

Forget about your six pack, it'll **** up as soon as you start eating properly to gain muscle. Once you have gained muscle hit the treadmill and get the pack back, but make sure you do freeweights at the same time or your muscle will just burn away. Dont forget the body uses up all the available sugar / glucose first, protein second, fat last of all. It'll need incentive to keep muscle, to the body muscle is just something that requires energy and is taking away future stores of energy, and thus will start getting rid of it as soon as you show that you dont really need it.

Thats all,

Wais

P.S. Nearly forgot. You do realise that around 70% of that area are triceps, so if you want big arms go for the triceps, biceps are just icing on the cake really.
Gimperial
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Tw!sted you got some crappy method really.
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Since when? I have more parts of my arm that aren't triceps than ones that are.
how many parts to your arm do you have exactly? :rolleyes:
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Navajo)
havn't read most of the thread but

25KG of dumbells on each arm and curl them at the same time, simple as that, go buy some if you havn't got any £20 from Argos and do 20 reps twice a day.

Biceps will grow, mine have
Can you seriously curl 25kg on each arm with good form? i'm not saying you can't coz I don't know how big you are, you could be stacked for all I know but fair play if you can...:eek:
Paddington
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i recommend a course of leeches? they suck out the bad stuff leaving more room for muscles
Tw!stEd
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Tw!sted you got some crappy method really.
How?...

the 5 sets of 15 build up endurance....
the 3 sets of 8 builds up muscle...
the 1 set of 6 builds up strength...

then the 2 set's of the 7's thing(I call it 7's, but I've heard it called something different) does abit of endurance, and muscle growth....

+ The basis of my workout is science....
+ It's worked well for me...
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Tw!stEd)
How?...

the 5 sets of 15 build up endurance....
the 3 sets of 8 builds up muscle...
the 1 set of 6 builds up strength...

then the 2 set's of the 7's thing(I call it 7's, but I've heard it called something different) does abit of endurance, and muscle growth....

+ The basis of my workout is science....
+ It's worked well for me...
Your 'workout' isn't good...

The basis of your workout isn't science, as you seem to know nothing about it...

Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by biggie-n)
Can you seriously curl 25kg on each arm with good form? i'm not saying you can't coz I don't know how big you are, you could be stacked for all I know but fair play if you can...:eek:
He's obviously either telling porky pies or has got it wrong, not that 25kg is that much. Especially if he bought the bloody things from argos. It's most likely he means pounds.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.93%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (562)
47.79%

Watched Threads