Building up Biceps? Watch

teenageclay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ummm well I find it easier against a wall but if you can do it without support thats pretty wierd. You do a handstand against a wall and lower your arms and push yourself up if you get me this link should help. http://www.milism.net/smpushup.htm it's got loads of different push ups but there is an explanation.
lapsaJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Aah right ok, seen my mate do a few of those.
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Jason Mraz)
Cuz you get addicted to building up muscle.

If your motivation for building up biceps is inadequacy, then you might just snowball into excess weight training.
Damn man you're right. I quit weightlifting for a weeks until end of exams but I CAN'T TAKE IT. I NEED MY ****ING WEIGHTS. AHHHH :mad: :mad:

(Jumps out bedroom window)

:rolleyes:
Bis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
How can you bare a weeks without weightraining sithy?
freshestkid
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wais)
teenageclaysing your own weight as resistance is pretty crappy really. You never get to overload your muscles (increase weight), mainly endurance BS really.
Dips, chins (wide and close grip) and handstand pressups (what the other guy was talking about but gave some other name) have done a whole lot more for me on those muscle groups than freeweights, so they are in no way 'crappy' - it is fairly clear that you haven't trained these exercises with any regularity. Try adding them to your workout instead of lat pulldowns and shoulder presses and watch the progress. Dips are just fun and add great core strength.
Margerie Dawes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, how do you build up your shoulder muscles not biceps or triceps but the muscles aroun the actual shoulder joint
Christo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Margerie Dawes)
Yeah, how do you build up your shoulder muscles not biceps or triceps but the muscles aroun the actual shoulder joint
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ShouldWt.html
Margerie Dawes
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
cheers
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nothing beats some good shoulder pressing.
ATESalisbury
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by teenageclay)
Ummm well I find it easier against a wall but if you can do it without support thats pretty wierd. You do a handstand against a wall and lower your arms and push yourself up if you get me this link should help. http://www.milism.net/smpushup.htm it's got loads of different push ups but there is an explanation.
Hmmmmmm......the guy in the first pic is "push-upping" in the nude........I hope none of you guys have ever tried, or do get any ideas from that pic and actually do try to do that :p: :confused: weird!
sundance
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by teenageclay)
I've always wanted to do these, but I suck at handstands. Any advice?

If anyone could tell me how to a cartwheel as well, that would be great
CR45H
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
do 5-6 excercises on biceps no more of 3 sets each. dont leave the gym until you can feel your biceps pumpin but overall results take time, i was skinny and its taken a year even tho i havent been consistent with traning the results have been fantastic.

remb this tho as you are skinny once muscle is built you will look really cut up (tonk) as you will have loads of definition with size. remb to eat a load of protein its the key for muscle growth.

also about 5 weeks ago i started taking creatine powder and the during excercises i can feel i can go higher in weights and feel thers been good muscle growth, so you can try this method but i would stick with trainng 3 or more times a week with good amount of rest.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise