Hi guys,

Anyone on OASC June 23rd?

T

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    May 21st I'm Afraid! Good luck though.

Chris

ReputationRep:
    What branches are you both going for?

And how long did you have to wait to find out your dates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangibs)

SNCO ATC.

Applied - Oct 2012
    Interview - Jan 2013
    OASC Part 1 - March 2013
    OASC Part 2 - May 2013

ReputationRep:

Logistics. Applied January, Filter Interview February, received OASC date a week later. My OASC date is so far after my filter as I requested a late one due to my job (I work for the RAF and can't really attend until then)

What's your branch choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nice,
    I'm not going for it yet, but I'm in as well as Int An. It's good to know they are willing to push it back if you need it!

Good luck to you both!

ReputationRep:
    Nice,
    I'm not going for it yet, but I'm in as well as Int An. It's good to know they are willing to push it back if you need it!

Good luck to you both!
    Thank you. I think it completely depends on the intake for that branch and the timescales they have in mind. If you're branch is taking on a small number you could be rushed through to make the date deadlines. This is the second year of logistics intakes in a long time, last year they had 8 slots and from application to OASC was 4 months, this year it's not so tight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Passed filter interview today. Was harder than I thought. OASC will be tougher so I need to up my game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martywales)
    Passed filter interview today. Was harder than I thought. OASC will be tougher so I need to up my game.
    Congratulations. What branch are you going for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Air Traffic Control. Wonder when the next OASC intake is...

ReputationRep:
    Air Traffic Control. Wonder when the next OASC intake is...
    Whenever they have space, they have two OASC boards a week, or do you mean IOT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I mean OASC lol I don't dare think of IOT yet. What feedback did you have from your filter? I was told my answers need more depth. It was harder than I thought.

ReputationRep:
    I mean OASC lol I don't dare think of IOT yet. What feedback did you have from your filter? I was told my answers need more depth. It was harder than I thought.
    My second filter was a lot more informal but after my first filter the feedback I received was more body language and mannerism orientated (maintain eye contact etc) and to not guess answers if I don't know them. I wouldn't worry, just make sure you research and prepare better for OASC.

ReputationRep:
    You had 2 filters? Crikey... I bought that richard mcmunn book about oasc and prepared for the filter using that. But a lot of questions didnt come up. I would of done a lot better if id used the oasc interview part. I think he made it as close to the oasc cinditions as he could. One thing that annoyed me was the atc officer job discription didnt say how long the training was so I looked like a right fool when I didnt know.i know now though lol
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    You had 2 filters? Crikey... I bought that richard mcmunn book about oasc and prepared for the filter using that. But a lot of questions didnt come up. I would of done a lot better if id used the oasc interview part. I think he made it as close to the oasc cinditions as he could. One thing that annoyed me was the atc officer job discription didnt say how long the training was so I looked like a right fool when I didnt know.i know now though lol
    As has always been said on here - don't buy books. The free resources are best (and often more up to date if you look for them).

ReputationRep:
    The OASC interview and the filter interview are pretty much the same selection of questions they can use (plus a few curveballs), but the filter doesn't tend to ask as much about current affairs though.

I've had two filters as I failed selection last year, it's tough competition and I let myself down at OASC. Hoping second time lucky!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Tina

I'll be there, glad I'm not the only rank-er. How's the prep going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al.Harrington)
    Hi Tina

Appalling, had to take two weeks off just to try and sort myself out but fitness is pretty dire atm. Really not looking forward to next weekend! How is yours? Are you going IntO?

I'm not lucky enough to be an ex-ranker, I'm unlucky enough to be a civvie working for the RAF.. Don't hold it against me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al.Harrington)
    Hi Tina

There were 3 guys in the RAF going for commission on my board out of 20 last month. I doubt you will be the only one!

Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teasin_tina)
    Appalling, had to take two weeks off just to try and sort myself out but fitness is pretty dire atm. Really not looking forward to next weekend! How is yours? Are you going IntO?

I'm not lucky enough to be an ex-ranker, I'm unlucky enough to be a civvie working for the RAF.. Don't hold it against me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, shows you're motivated though! Yeah I'm having this week off too, lots of cramming going on. ABM is first choice, IntO second. Fingers crossed!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.