The Student Room Group

Replacement certificates after retakes?

Hello there!

I'm posting this thread to find out whether one can ask for a "replacement" certificate after getting a substantially higher grade in an AS subject after a retake. In AS, I ended up with a C in a subject after doing appallingly on one paper out of three "modules". I retook that paper this January and ended up with an A and an A overall at that subject for AS. I was wondering if I could request the exam board to provide me with an updated AS certificate that includes my updated grade for that subject following my retake because a C looks very bad (considering that I ended up with higher grades on my other subjects and also because that subject is the most important for the degree that I wish to undertake at University). Is this possible? Will I get a new certificate that shows an A instead of a C? If so, are there any costs for this "service"?

Thank you in advance!
Reply 1
Bump
You get a final certificate with your A2 that uni's want to see which will include your A overall. Universities do not look at AS certificates, if I am not mistaken.
Reply 3
Original post by blueberryyums
You get a final certificate with your A2 that uni's want to see which will include your A overall. Universities do not look at AS certificates, if I am not mistaken.

Hi, thanks for your answer. I am aware of that but I was thinking about Jobs, etc.. After retakes I got an A, without a retake, a C. Therefore, when applying to jobs I don't think I can say A if it says C on my AS certificate. That's why I was wondering if I could get another certificate.

Thanks anyway.
Reply 4
Anyone else?
Reply 5
You can get replacement certificates- I managed to get mine sorted via college, have a look on the exam board website :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by lilGem
You can get replacement certificates- I managed to get mine sorted via college, have a look on the exam board website :smile:

By replacement you mean like the one I'm referring to with updated grades after retakes, right?
And thanks for your contribution.
Reply 7
Original post by Yoyo94
By replacement you mean like the one I'm referring to with updated grades after retakes, right?
And thanks for your contribution.

Yeah :smile: I had to get 2 replacements for A2 grades (after retakes) :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by lilGem
Yeah :smile: I had to get 2 replacements for A2 grades (after retakes) :smile:

Thank you! :smile: And does the replacement certificate display all my AS grades or just the one that is to be rectified? Thanks for your help and I hope I'm not annoying you! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Yoyo94
Thank you! :smile: And does the replacement certificate display all my AS grades or just the one that is to be rectified? Thanks for your help and I hope I'm not annoying you! :smile:

I'm still yet to get mine- I think it would display your final grade after the retake (new grade)

it's okay :h:
Reply 10
Original post by lilGem
I'm still yet to get mine- I think it would display your final grade after the retake (new grade)

it's okay :h:

So just the one grade. Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by Yoyo94
So just the one grade. Thank you! :biggrin:

it's okay :smile: and afaik yes, I'll let you know when I get mine
Reply 12
Original post by lilGem
it's okay :smile: and afaik yes, I'll let you know when I get mine

Okey Dokey! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by Yoyo94
Hello there!

I'm posting this thread to find out whether one can ask for a "replacement" certificate after getting a substantially higher grade in an AS subject after a retake. In AS, I ended up with a C in a subject after doing appallingly on one paper out of three "modules". I retook that paper this January and ended up with an A and an A overall at that subject for AS. I was wondering if I could request the exam board to provide me with an updated AS certificate that includes my updated grade for that subject following my retake because a C looks very bad (considering that I ended up with higher grades on my other subjects and also because that subject is the most important for the degree that I wish to undertake at University). Is this possible? Will I get a new certificate that shows an A instead of a C? If so, are there any costs for this "service"?

Thank you in advance!

I think you are confusing things by asking for a replacement certificate, which normally means you have lost yours. What you want is to be cashed-in again for a new grade. You need to speak to the exams officer and ask her to cash you in again for AS - she may have done is automatically, but if she hasn't it is possible to do it up to 20 September and get the certificates this Autumn, though earlier is better. It is free for OCR and AQA but Edexcel have a late cash in charge (the initial deadline was 21 March with the rest of the entries) of around £3.20.
Reply 14
Original post by Data
I think you are confusing things by asking for a replacement certificate, which normally means you have lost yours. What you want is to be cashed-in again for a new grade. You need to speak to the exams officer and ask her to cash you in again for AS - she may have done is automatically, but if she hasn't it is possible to do it up to 20 September and get the certificates this Autumn, though earlier is better. It is free for OCR and AQA but Edexcel have a late cash in charge (the initial deadline was 21 March with the rest of the entries) of around £3.20.

Oh, thank you! :smile:
Reply 15
facebook.com/replacement.certificates - A-levels/ GCSEs/ GNVQ's/ BTEC replacements and more!

Quick Reply

Latest