Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i dont know how much GCSE revision to do. Its easter and i have 2 maths, 2 science,2 philosophy exams. I also have an art exam soon. I just want your opinion on how much i should be doing now. Im predicted all a*'s, & i am (in the least big-headed way possible) intelligent. In the Jan exams i got 96/100 (raw score) in philosophy and 140/140 (UMS) in my science:: i did revision literally the week before, and i was fine, but then i hear of people doing up to 4 hours a day on school nights, and 7 hours at the weekends! that sounds pretty ridiculous to me! Any ideas on how i could get together a revision timetable and how often i should be revising each subject for

Im in y10 by the way.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    That's way too much, I've got 21 exams in May/June and I'm doing about 3hrs a day. Do as much as you think you need based on the subject.

ReputationRep:
    I'd day 3-4 hours a day, then perhaps increase it slightly as you get closer to the exams. Personally, I find a revision timetable really limits me and doesn't give me time to really take things in so I just make a checklist of everything I'm going to do on a certain day, and for me it works

But if you want to make a revision timetable, go to getrevising.co.uk and you can make one (but I used this and it takes too long and I did it in 5 mins on powerpoint!!)

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing maybe 2ish hours a day now, and I've got 12 exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie--may)
    i dont know how much GCSE revision to do. Its easter and i have 2 maths, 2 science,2 philosophy exams. I also have an art exam soon. I just want your opinion on how much i should be doing now. Im predicted all a*'s, & i am (in the least big-headed way possible) intelligent. In the Jan exams i got 96/100 (raw score) in philosophy and 140/140 (UMS) in my science:: i did revision literally the week before, and i was fine, but then i hear of people doing up to 4 hours a day on school nights, and 7 hours at the weekends! that sounds pretty ridiculous to me! Any ideas on how i could get together a revision timetable and how often i should be revising each subject for

Im in y10 by the way.

thanks
    That sounds like a lot of revision.

My advice for you is not to fix yourself into timeslots, because then you will just pressure yourself into meeting deadlines and have a poor quality of revision. When you "Timetable", just say on what days you'll cover what topics, that way you can be safe that you are progessing as long as you revise those topics on that day. This kind of planning is also much more flexible as you aren't stuck in a rigid schedule.

I have 23 exams and I'm not doing 7 hours of revision on any day, and I'm aiming for A*/A's(In Year 11).

Although if that is the amount of revision you need, then you have no option but to do it. I would ask how much revision time you should be doing really, it might take someone else 8 hours to revise the same amount of content that you go through in 7 hours, or it might take them 5.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.