Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    After applying to study at the universities of Leeds, Exeter and Lancaster for Geography I'm stuck on which university to choose. I have unconditionals from all institutions, as I'm on my gap year, so grades are not a problem. All three universities offer a year abroad option, but leeds also offer a year in industry of paid work which could be very valuable for life experience and useful on my CV. However, Lancaster and Exeter are ranked considerably higher than Leeds and Lancaster and Exeter both offer their university awards (Lancaster Award; Exeter Award) where students have to complete certain activities such as work experience and volunteering which could also make my university time more credible and beef up my CV. As well as this the sports scene at both Leeds and Exeter is up there with the best in the country.

From a spatial and aesthetic point of view, Exeter offers the best campus environment down in the far south with a noticebaly warmer climate and better weather, but Leeds is a typical lively city environment which I am all too familiar with. Conversely Lancaster has a growing reputation and has stormed up the league table rankings, however it is so far up north with a rubbish weather but has a professional collegiate system and an outstanding management reputation worldwide.

Sorry for the long post, just giving an insight into the complicated factors that are affecting my decision, hope you post your opinions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.