Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My head is all over the place but I thought Id better at least try and put some of it down.

So I started at University in 2011 after 6 years of High School (Secondary School). I came out with AABB at higher and an A from Advanced higher. I missed out on going to the university I wanted because I didnt get the grades, and I regret that now, I have friends who study there and they have much more practical/lab work than I currently do.

Anyway.. In Feb of my first year I went into hospital for an emergency operation and havent been right since. I failed one of my compulsory modules and my optional, and so applied for a medical certificate for these exams which I got, but due to failing two modules and not managing to pass my compulsory on resit, I had to re-do my whole year..
    BUT, since I had passed 6 of my 8 total modules for the year, 5 of them compulsory, I wasnt allowed to re-take these, due to the fact it would be "stacking credits" so i chose 3 modules to be full time that looked interesting.. I ended up failing two of these last semester, and now Im starting to feel like Im going to fail everything and may have to resit last semesters modules i chose and failed..
    Im stressed to the maximum with my parents pressuring me and workload only getting worse.. I should be able to do this.. Ive done most of it before! I just cant.. and it feels like everything and everyone is turning on me..
    Im losing the will to keep trying.. but If I drop out I dont know what ill do with myself.. my parents say they dont mind what I do.. but I know they want me to go through uni and I dont think Im good enough..
    I dont know what to do.. can anyone relate or help?
    Thanks
    x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.