Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys This is my first post, so I'm a bit apprehensive about this whole system. It took me about 25 minutes to find out how to post a new thread, I gave up and I ended up having to call my friend that is also a member on here haha XD Don't judge meee!!! :P
    Any who, I received an offer for the veterinary gateway at the RVC, and I was wondering if anyone else that is either taking the same course or going to the RVC has sorted out their accommodation yet, because I'm scared that there won't be any more vacancies left, so I'd be forced to live at home and I don't really want to commute evvvveeerrryyyy time I have a lecture.
    If you guys have applied for accommodation, where have you applied? Or if you haven't yet ... like me, where are you thinking about applying?
    I hope to go to the Mary Brancker house, it looks nice and IT'S SELF CATERING!! haha If an RVC student is reading this and has lived in there, what is it like? Should I apply there?

Sorry for asking sooo many questions, if you find the time to comment it will be appreciated. Thanks!!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by paulpaulpauln)
    Hey guys This is my first post, so I'm a bit apprehensive about this whole system. It took me about 25 minutes to find out how to post a new thread, I gave up and I ended up having to call my friend that is also a member on here haha XD Don't judge meee!!! :P
    Any who, I received an offer for the veterinary gateway at the RVC, and I was wondering if anyone else that is either taking the same course or going to the RVC has sorted out their accommodation yet, because I'm scared that there won't be any more vacancies left, so I'd be forced to live at home and I don't really want to commute evvvveeerrryyyy time I have a lecture.
    If you guys have applied for accommodation, where have you applied? Or if you haven't yet ... like me, where are you thinking about applying?
    I hope to go to the Mary Brancker house, it looks nice and IT'S SELF CATERING!! haha If an RVC student is reading this and has lived in there, what is it like? Should I apply there?

Sorry for asking sooo many questions, if you find the time to comment it will be appreciated. Thanks!!!
    Congrats on your offer!

Unless you live within minutes from College, I doubt you will be forced to live from home. They generally say that 95% of RVC students find accommodation from College, and I suspect those remaining 5% chose to live from their homes.

As you probably know very well, there are 3 accommodation options available at the RVC: College Grove, Mary B, and the Intercollegiates. I think College Grove and Mary B combined makes up the vast majority of the first years, although you will meet a few people from here and there that live in the University of London Intercollegiates. In that sense, everyone's more or less Self Catered at the RVC.

Mary B is newer than College Grove, and it has a nicer social area within each flat (the sofas and the breakfast bar). It definitely had noisier socials this year (whether you prefer that or not). There are simply a greater number of RVC students at Mary B, so it's very very easy to make friends. It is however 20 minutes walk away from College.

College Grove is quieter (this year, at least, although I have heard some wild stories from a few years back) as there are fewer students, and many are overseas students in the graduate program. The nice thing for College Grove, of course, is that you can wake up 5 minutes before lecture and still be there on time.

Hope that helped, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've also got an offer for Gateway at the RVC, I have received a letter about my offer and in the letter it says Accommodation packs will be sent out shortly. I'd like to live in College Grove, just because its so close and literally have no idea where i'm at in London . Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    I'm holding an unconditional for Bioveterinary Science (4 year) & they've allocated me to Mary B anyone else know where they are yet? ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiethesloth)
    I'm holding an unconditional for Bioveterinary Science (4 year) & they've allocated me to Mary B anyone else know where they are yet? ^_^
    I've got a conditional offer for vetmed, but I've got a place allocated to Mary B too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am conditional Biovet and also in Mary B

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm conditional biovet (3yr) too!! :-) xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Mary B

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm doing VetMed and going to Mary B. Has anyone heard off them since results day yet? I'm getting a bit worried. :s

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm also on BVetMed and in Mary B! All I've heard from them since results is an email that's just come through asking me to complete my online registration with them, so far nothing else- not even about a deposit.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Im in MaryB, room 531 D, I only just recently heard from them after a longgggg wait! I kept emailing them and asking them when i would here from them because it was getting closer to the start date! If you still haven't heard from them i suggest ringing them as they might be able to help.

ReputationRep:
    So are you guys all moving in tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.