Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

helppp a girl out! breakthrough bleeding?? Watch

still all over the place, I had sex on march 28th for the first time which lasted 5 mins but I take my pill everyday at the same time,I only ever missed one which I took later on that day. 3 days ago I spotted some brown blood and today its a lot heavier its like a period but my period isn't due for 9 days? Is this normal there Is no way I could be pregnant is there? He ejaculated in me I was feeling sick for 7 days after that but I think it was all worry and working myself up. I'm fine now just a lot of cramps which is my period but it seems to be a shorter lighter period is this normal when I'm stressed and irregular with periods? But my period wouldn't have came if I was pregnant right?? Last month this happened me, the spotting and then my period came on its due day too strangely.. I'm just 16 can someone please take the time to answer my question it would mean a lot. I'm feeling fine today and there isn't any blood really now, I have no other symptoms I'm in good form..

It's probably just down to you taking your pill late. That's what happens to me, although it usually happens a few days afterwards. Take a pregnancy test to make sure though if you're really worried.

Yeah I'd say it's probably just a hormonal imbalance from taking the pill late and/or stress by worrying about it. One month I started spotting a week before my period was due but it didn't get heavier and lasted for about 2 weeks. So after that, I was really worried about pregnancy even though I take my pill to a T, so I subsequently felt sick, had cramps, and spotting a week before my period again. Alas, I'm not pregnant, so I would say try not to worry and everything should settle down. If you want, take a pregnancy test to put your mind at ease.

Btw, not to worry you but it is still possible to get a bleed when you're pregnant that seems like a period, but I think it's more common to miss your period. Another thing, if you've recently started taking the pill, that could also be what's causing the abnormal bleeding.

Thank use, yeah well I'm just on my third pack of pills. The bleeding has all stopped now I should be fine hopefully, I'm a huge worrier!

Thanks, I'm not bleeding at all now but still got like period cramps..I'm a huge worrier!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.