Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ghost encounters? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My mum recently told me about a negative encounter she had with a ghost a few years ago in a monastery, it sounds like the ghost/spirit possessed and her friends that were with her when it happened said it changed the look of her face and her eyes became kind of demonised.. And the spirit was targeting one of her friends as it saw him as a threat. I found it really interesting, I already believed on the afterlife, but never seen a ghost myself (not that I really want to) but just wondered has anyone else had any sort of encounter or thought they saw/heard something paranormal? Apparently my nan used to see ghosts when she was younger too, and they weren't very nice either..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was reading this and suddenly had a power cut. My heart rate just increased by 50X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, always laugh when something like that happens to me, I would do typical ghost pranks if I was a ghost though, just to entertain me because cant imagine there'd be much else to do really

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heard of the elevator prank? YouTube it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't, will do now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quote me what you think

Posted from TSR Mobile - Quote me if you want a reply

ReputationRep:
    Holy **** that would seriously freak me out for quite a while, really funny to watch though haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile - Quote me if you want a reply

ReputationRep:
    Oh god was reading this in a dark and no scared to go to close the window

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Oh god was reading this in a dark and no scared to go to close the window
    Behind you...

ReputationRep:
    Speaking to people of the after life is easy, u can learn that trick easyly , i did, but the later u can have a moment that the ghosts dont stop talking to u, and thats not so nice when u are dead tired...and then they go one speaking for like houres and houres...

ReputationRep:
    i have a ghost in my house back home, and hes a nice ghost, he occasionally throws the odd thing downstairs, we hear him walking about upstairs, and he turns my tele off occasionally, or onto blue screen. but iv lived with him pretty much my entire life so im used to it.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh that's really cool, once you got used to it it' be okay, be freaky at first though.. Do you know who the ghost is? Past owner?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My auntie swears she's seen a ghost. She was staying in a cabin in Scotland and wokke up in the middle of the night, and there was a figure crouched by the side of her bed. She thought my uncle had been sleep walking so she laughed and told him to wake up and go back to bed. the figure looked at her and started to get up walking towards the other side of the room, she turned on the light... and there was no one there- her husband was sound asleep next to her....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    Behind you...
    Watch out, I'm armed with a hot saucepan :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    My Mum passed away last December and a few months later I was in the kitchen just doing chores , I turned to go in to the front room and there she was stood right in front of me smiling and looking really happy, looking better than she had done in ages. I gasped really loudly and she was gone, just like that. I told my husband but he said that I didnt really see my mum it was just my mind playing tricks on me.

ReputationRep:
    Right now, I'm seeing the ghost of the old Tory Party popping up all over the media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future African game vet)
    My auntie swears she's seen a ghost. She was staying in a cabin in Scotland and wokke up in the middle of the night, and there was a figure crouched by the side of her bed. She thought my uncle had been sleep walking so she laughed and told him to wake up and go back to bed. the figure looked at her and started to get up walking towards the other side of the room, she turned on the light... and there was no one there- her husband was sound asleep next to her....
    Waking (and falling asleep) hallucinations are pretty common. They are called Hypnopompia and Hypnogogia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnopompia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucination

They are probably associated with the brain's struggle to come out of a dream state and readjust to reality, but there are also indications that some people can engage in such states when apparently normally awake.

ReputationRep:
    I believe most ghost stories are true, some may just be someone who thought they saw something or drunk or something, but if ghosts want to make them self seen then you'll be able to see them, just find it interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    my radio turned itself on full blast at 2 in the morning when i was asleep - i pretty much **** my pants, woke me up in shock!!!!!!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.