Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok here's what's happened,

I'm getting a tonsillectomy in June and had my pre-operation assessment today.

I'm 17 in 3 months, male and i weigh 90kg. Its disgusting. I don't look it all though, the nurse said to me herself that she was surprised. But she gave me one of those looks which was like ' you're fat, you shouldn't be, deal with it' She said it was possibly due to the meds and steroids I have been on which are alot.

All day I've been thinking about it and have come to highly dislike my figure, weight and stuff.

I really really want to lose it, but have exams etc and can't find the time to undergo a controlled diet and everyday exercise.

Anyone have any idea the best route to take with this, I really want to slim down, just trying to figure a reasonable way to do it. Haven't eaten anything all day thinking about it. Also, i don't tend to snack alot either.

Anything much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly you need motivation, and a lot of it. Once you find that you won't go off target. Secondly you need to make a routine. I know you have exams but you're not going to revise all day. Set aside 2 hours for the gym. With a stacked iPod playlist on a cross-trainer you can easily hit an hour a day. The results will push you to keep on track too.

DIET is a massive part of this. Eat well and your results will be so much quicker.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I used to be a bit porky a few years ago, and decided that I wanted to slim down etc etc. not snacking is a good start, that was a big down fall of mine and can make loosing weight far harder. Basically it is a about eating less calories than your body needs (a calorie deficit) not too much less however. You will need to start attempting to put a figure on the number of calories you are consuming in order to loose weight, I would say aim for around 2200 a day, 90 kg is not too bad though (unless you are 5 foot tall!) so it is not like you have that mammoth a task ahead of you!! There is a lot of stuff you can read which tells you to have 6 small meals a day or what have you but just do what suits you as ultimately it is all about your calorie intake. It took me around 6-8 months to slim down and I wasn't quite as heavy as you (I'm 6ft 2) but it is a long process, but just imagine at the end of it you will never look back! Definitely worth it, good luck

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.