Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think this song is disgraceful? It's along the same lines as Christina's 'Fighter' - and I do believe that failed relationships make people stronger - but there's only so far you should go...

She says "for every last bruise you gave me, for every time I sat in tears... I just wanna thank you dear". That's awful!

ReputationRep:
    I'll take that as a 'no' then.

ReputationRep:
    It's a nice song tho sing your own lyrics that's what I do

ReputationRep:
    Awful that he hurt her, but it happens - why not sing about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger)
    is this the song written by chris from coldplay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger)
    The thing that worries me is that it's glamorising domestic violence.

Jamelia is a beautiful woman many teenagers admire. If she's thanking her boyfriend for beating her up, what kind of message does that send to young girls?

I know people aren't that easily influenced, but Jamelia's perpetuating the myth that women don't mind being subordinate to men.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Trousers)
    The thing that worries me is that it's glamorising domestic violence.

Jamelia is a beautiful woman many teenagers admire. If she's thanking her boyfriend for beating her up, what kind of message does that send to young girls?

I know people aren't that easily influenced, but Jamelia's perpetuating the myth that women don't mind being subordinate to men.
    "Hit me baby one more time"

:0/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    "Hit me baby one more time"

:0/
    Hi Pencil Queen, you're following me around! Argh!

It's surprising how much of this kind of thing is out there. As much as I admire Kylie, she's another example ('Better the devil you know', 'Je ne sais pas pourquoi' - remember them?).

People complain about Eminem being a misogynist, but half of the female pop world seems just as guilty.

ReputationRep:
    i h8 this song its annoying. altho never like her stuff.

and the lyrics are poo poo.

ReputationRep:
    What does it mean when a thread had "Moved" written at the beginning of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    What does it mean when a thread had "Moved" written at the beginning of it?
    It means it's been moved.

This was originally in the main forum, but Ollie moved it to this one.

ReputationRep:
    it's fukin terrible, she as ****ging off peter andre the other day calling him a novelty act(which is fair enough) and that she is the real no1, but she forgets that she came form pop idol and is a novelty act herself.

Thankyou is an awful song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    it's fukin terrible, she as ****ging off peter andre the other day calling him a novelty act(which is fair enough) and that she is the real no1, but she forgets that she came form pop idol and is a novelty act herself.

Thankyou is an awful song
    Did she? You're not thinking of Javine, are you? (she came from Popstars: the rivals)

ReputationRep:
    Jamelia wasn't on pop idol - she had an album out a couple of years ago then stopped because she had a child. Now she is back making more poppy r&by stuff. It kinda blends in with everything else but it's easy enough to listen to

ReputationRep:
    I don't think she's trying to glamourise domestic abuse, I think she's tryiny to highlight the fact that it happens (and happened to her). It is supposed to be one of societies hidden problems, and all she's saying is that she survived it, she's left the situation, and she's stronger now. Bit like 'I will survive' really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    Did she? You're not thinking of Javine, are you? (she came from Popstars: the rivals)
    same thing

ok, i was wrong

she's still shite though

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.