Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The national have released a new single! watch

ReputationRep:
    Fans of the National...

If you're unaware they have released a music video for their new single "Demons".

I didn't think much of it the first couple of listens, but it should grow on me like their others stuff. You have to be in the mood to listen to their new stuff...

Nonetheless, here's the link. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    no national fans?

I had no idea they'd released anything new, thanks for the heads up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    I had no idea they'd released anything new, thanks for the heads up!
    there's plenty more where that came from!

ReputationRep:
    It's weird that even though their songs have been featured on Portal 2 and Game of Thrones, they're still quite unknown. Everyone should know about them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darryshan)
    It's weird that even though their songs have been featured on Portal 2 and Game of Thrones, they're still quite unknown. Everyone should know about them
    I know! What do you think of the new single?

It isn't impressive first listen, but it grows on you.

(Original post by Phil Dunphy)
    there's plenty more where that came from!
    Yes, done of a bit of looking up. The new album will be interesting, been an age since they've released anything new.

ReputationRep:

It doesn't feel like a single but I still really like it. They did a session for 6music yesterday as well and played two other new songs (Heavenfaced and Graceless) which were both brilliant imo, should be another great album

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p017fh37

They played Demons first, did an interview and the two other new songs are about 13/14 minutes in. They're playing Ally Pally and the Manchester Apollo in the winter as well, not too happy at seeing in them in a quite large venue like Ally Pally (saw them at the tiny Electric Ballroom in Camden a few years back) but still can't wait to see them again, easily one of my favourite bands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    It doesn't feel like a single but I still really like it. They did a session for 6music yesterday as well and played two other new songs (Heavenfaced and Graceless) which were both brilliant imo, should be another great album

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p017fh37

They played Demons first, did an interview and the two other new songs are about 13/14 minutes in. They're playing Ally Pally and the Manchester Apollo in the winter as well, not too happy at seeing in them in a quite large venue like Ally Pally (saw them at the tiny Electric Ballroom in Camden a few years back) but still can't wait to see them again, easily one of my favourite bands.
    I thought Graceless would be the lead single!

Never seen them live

ReputationRep:

It's great Exile Vilify is still my favourite, but only because of the thoughts it brings me.

ReputationRep:
    Another new song

Really like it, quite a dark song, album is shaping up very nicely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Another new song

Really like it, quite a dark song, album is shaping up very nicely!
    **** me that's good! Wow! Definitely a dark feel, but that is such a great song

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get tickets for London or Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    So what does everyone think of Trouble Will Find Me then? Have to say its one of the first albums for a while (probably since High Violet maybe) I've loved on first listen, its another brilliant record from a band who can do no wrong it seems, its a different sound and is quite dark in places. Highlights from the album for me would be the opener, I should live in salt, Fireproof, Graceless and my favourite off the album Humiliation. I'd probably give it an 8 or 9 out of 10 tbh. Looking forward to seeing them in November

ReputationRep:
    Love the National. Haven't heard the new one yet though, still weighing up whether or not to wait till I get the record haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamstandage)
    Love the National. Haven't heard the new one yet though, still weighing up whether or not to wait till I get the record haha
    I seriously doubt you'll regret it, go buy it

And I notice they achieved their highest UK album chart place this week, no. 3, only Daft Punk and Rod Stewart had more sales last week! Amazing really, they still don't get much airplay other than 6music and Boxer was 57 in the charts, so great to see they have so many fans in the UK now.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.