Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for university and will start in September, I plan to live on campus and have applied for the maintenance loan as well as a grant. However I have received my Student finance breakdown letter today, and it only shows the maintenance loan and the loan for my tuition fees but not the grant. Is there something different I have to do in order to get the maintenance grant? I've tried looking it up but no websites seem to have a definite answer.

help! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paigeermaan)
    I have applied for university and will start in September, I plan to live on campus and have applied for the maintenance loan as well as a grant. However I have received my Student finance breakdown letter today, and it only shows the maintenance loan and the loan for my tuition fees but not the grant. Is there something different I have to do in order to get the maintenance grant? I've tried looking it up but no websites seem to have a definite answer.

help! :confused:
    It actually happened to me as well , kinda messed up, apparently there was a bit on the application where you say you want the grant and its not done automatically. Check your application, as sometimes they ask you to send evidence in.

I suggest you call them up and ask.........what happened with me was that I had to do a completely fresh application not online but the paper version, along with another paper and a long with a letter by me about why I'm sending in another one and what I want. It was sorted very quickly after that, but try getting it done down as SFE can become very busy over summer.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Have you sent evidence in? If you have, they may not have updated their system yet.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.