The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loans and Grants

I have applied for university and will start in September, I plan to live on campus and have applied for the maintenance loan as well as a grant. However I have received my Student finance breakdown letter today, and it only shows the maintenance loan and the loan for my tuition fees but not the grant. Is there something different I have to do in order to get the maintenance grant? I've tried looking it up but no websites seem to have a definite answer.

help! :confused:
Reply 1
Original post by Paigeermaan
I have applied for university and will start in September, I plan to live on campus and have applied for the maintenance loan as well as a grant. However I have received my Student finance breakdown letter today, and it only shows the maintenance loan and the loan for my tuition fees but not the grant. Is there something different I have to do in order to get the maintenance grant? I've tried looking it up but no websites seem to have a definite answer.

help! :confused:

It actually happened to me as well :s-smilie:, kinda messed up, apparently there was a bit on the application where you say you want the grant and its not done automatically. Check your application, as sometimes they ask you to send evidence in.

I suggest you call them up and ask.........what happened with me was that I had to do a completely fresh application not online but the paper version, along with another paper and a long with a letter by me about why I'm sending in another one and what I want. It was sorted very quickly after that, but try getting it done down as SFE can become very busy over summer.
Reply 2
Have you sent evidence in? If you have, they may not have updated their system yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending