The Student Room Group

I find it difficult to get the motivation to revise for my A Levels

I have my A Levels from 13th May onwards.

I take;
Politics
English Literature
History
Religious Studies

I find it so difficult to motivate myself to revise RS because I no longer find it interesting. It was not what I thought it was going to be and despite the apparent ease everyone is finding learning the syllabus, I cannot sort my thoughts on the subject and it is taking up too much time that I should be spending on my other subjects!

Motivation and focus strategies would be appreciated, as I am sure everyone has been through this stage in their studies!
Get a photo of your dream university and place it on your desk whilst you revise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Olympiad
Get a photo of your dream university and place it on your desk whilst you revise

:ditto:

Also, it might help to imagine actually being in your dream Uni/job/course as well. Associating revision with pleasant activities should help too, such as only listening to music when you're revising or having a bar of chocolate at hand.
Reply 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

And next to it, a KFC application form.
Reply 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, that's a good idea, thank you!
Original post by Damask-

Never had KFC - I'm vegetarian :P

Posted from TSR Mobile - Quote me if you want a reply
Reply 6
Original post by Damask-

I like that ! :tongue: But KFC's not such a bad job though ! Find something worse !:wink:
Reply 7
How bad do you want it (success) video on YouTube.
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is what I did and it worked!
Now that I'm actually in my dream university I need motivation to study/write essays so I don't know where to get that motivation from! :P
Original post by xStaceyy
Now that I'm actually in my dream university I need motivation to study/write essays so I don't know where to get that motivation from! :P

Write down a list of things you want to achieve after university, stick that on your wall. Next to it put a Mc Donald's application form so whenever you revise you know if you don't work hard you'll work there
Reply 10
Original post by xStaceyy

Just do the same, but with you dream career, put two post-it notes up, one of what good will come to you if you do well in your degree, the other of what will happen if you don't!
Original post by zed963
How bad do you want it (success) video on YouTube.

I love that video :smile:
It actually motivated me for about a week
Reply 12
Write down a list of things you want to achieve after university, stick that on your wall. Next to it put a Mc Donald's application form so whenever you revise you know if you don't work hard you'll work there

Original post by tabithalevis
Just do the same, but with you dream career, put two post-it notes up, one of what good will come to you if you do well in your degree, the other of what will happen if you don't!

Good plan guys! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest