Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I recently suffered a traumatic family event where I almost lost my mother and had to take care of my newborn sibling alone for three days (dad was with my mum). I thought I was fine until a bit later, now that we are finally home and I no longer have to suppress everything and take care of the baby alone it has all hit me and i've found myself becoming increasingly more and more depressed by the events.
    I'm in my last year of sixth form and have my mocks coming up in a week, yet I am extremely unprepared. I did not have time to revise before the babies birth and now I cannot make myself revise. I feel like I am going to fail, not meet my offer and everything is just getting too much

any tips on how to get working again? or any advice in general?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You'd need to talk to someone in person, and express your feelings - even talking about it can make you feel slightly better. Also, even if you fail your mocks, that isn't the end of the world, because they are not the real thing. Even if you do badly, there is still time before the real thing comes up.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.