Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been 'dating' a guy for about two and a half months now, we get on well and I really enjoy his company. However we never really talk about past relationships or even what's happening in our own one. It is quite refreshing to be so casual and not have to worry, but at the same time I'm not really sure where this is going or what's really going on. We go out a lot, have a normal sexual relationship and I see him quite regularly, however I think it's too cringe to start asking what we actually are.

Does this even matter? Or should I just leave things as they are?

ReputationRep:
    Are you happy? If you are leave it as it is. If not, you have a right to ask the question.

ReputationRep:
    If it means something to you, to talk about that kind of stuff, ease it into conversations gradually, poke the odd thing in now and again. If you get a positive response, then it could mean that he isnt against the cringe

ReputationRep:
    I think some relationships are better left to mature naturally rather than being ranked or labelled as they go along.

I know some people like to have a little clarity over where they stand, but since it's only 2 and a half months you're probably better to leave it as it is. Who knows, maybe you'll get the answer without having to ask the question?

(Original post by jwshaw89)
    I think some relationships are better left to mature naturally rather than being ranked or labelled as they go along.

I know some people like to have a little clarity over where they stand, but since it's only 2 and a half months you're probably better to leave it as it is. Who knows, maybe you'll get the answer without having to ask the question?
    this is really true, I've thought about it and I'm the happiest I've been in a long time at the moment. I think all that was worrying me was whether it needed to be said, but I'm happy with how it is so I suppose there's no reason to start asking questions!

Thanks for all of the advice

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.