Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So confused... help me? The guilt is killing me. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Confused about my feelings towards my boyfriend. He loves me to bits (tells me ALL the time), I like him... but I don't know if I love him... We've known each other since we were 5, been best mates for about 5 years (we're 18 at the moment). Been together a few months and he is great.

The problem is, I've kinda told him I love him... but I didn't think it through. I was confused at the time and he had already told me he loved me about 5 times and I didn't want to make him wait any longer... now I regret it because idk if it was true or not! Its probably not, because I wouldn't be doubting it so much now... the guilt is killing me tsr.

What do I do? Tell him im confused, or maybe it was true, he is my best friend... and I should just accept it...?? Break up?

Please help me out here!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well if the heart doesn't want it then don't force it.

That said, have a think of the implications of such an action first... Sometimes people are guilty of making rash decisions in situations which, in time, could end up working out. Just because you don't love said guy now doesn't mean that you won't grow to love him in the future.... Also, if you declare that you don't love him then you will adversely change your relationship and there is no avoiding that! (you might not remain friends) So i'd say just take a few days off and have a think about how serious you want it to be, and whether you want to give him a chance at love/slow down a bit. Ultimately you chose to enter a relationship with said guy for one reason or another and HE is a human being with emotions and feelings and he is going to be upset but you might have to make that decision at some point.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevo112)
    Well if the heart doesn't want it then don't force it.

That said, have a think of the implications of such an action first... Sometimes people are guilty of making rash decisions in situations which, in time, could end up working out. Just because you don't love said guy now doesn't mean that you won't grow to love him in the future.... Also, if you declare that you don't love him then you will adversely change your relationship and there is no avoiding that! (you might not remain friends) So i'd say just take a few days off and have a think about how serious you want it to be, and whether you want to give him a chance at love/slow down a bit. Ultimately you chose to enter a relationship with said guy for one reason or another and HE is a human being with emotions and feelings and he is going to be upset but you might have to make that decision at some point.

Good luck
    Okay, fine, so you're ultimately saying just leave it how it is?

I cant, im stressing out because I feel so bad and he's been my friend for ages and I wish we could just go back to what we were

I've told him I love him but I probably don't, I cant now go and break up with him but I feel awful and it's making me regret getting in this relationship.

Am I just being stupid? Knock some sense into me tsr...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiring Medic 7)
    Confused about my feelings towards my boyfriend. He loves me to bits (tells me ALL the time), I like him... but I don't know if I love him... We've known each other since we were 5, been best mates for about 5 years (we're 18 at the moment). Been together a few months and he is great.

The problem is, I've kinda told him I love him... but I didn't think it through. I was confused at the time and he had already told me he loved me about 5 times and I didn't want to make him wait any longer... now I regret it because idk if it was true or not! Its probably not, because I wouldn't be doubting it so much now... the guilt is killing me tsr.

What do I do? Tell him im confused, or maybe it was true, he is my best friend... and I should just accept it...?? Break up?

Please help me out here!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey

Definitely talk to him, my lovely. This happened to me once. I started seeing my ex again after a rocky few months. We'd grown closer and we'd always been best friends; he knew so much about me! He told me he loved me, impulse reaction and I said it back. I knew I didn't mean it and it had me in a stew for days on end! It's so difficult, but you need to do what's best for you sometimes. It "broke his heart" but I was free of the emotional turmoil i'd been suffering and it made me so much happier.

Talk to him, try and salvage your friendship. May be possible, be prepared if not. Best of luck

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.