ReputationRep:
    I like that part of TSR, but it hardly gets any new threads or posts. Wanna promote it a bit, people at TSR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    I like that part of TSR, but it hardly gets any new threads or posts. Wanna promote it a bit, people at TSR?
    This could be great, but what sort of thing did you have in mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    I don't know, anything to get more people to know about it! (Put it in that 'Announcements' bit where you sometimes show links to forums?)

ReputationRep:
    Once my exams are over and I can sack revision off, I will be all over that forum
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I agree with this idea too.

I just sent off an application to create a new social group on TSR; Entrepreneurs Society. Would be great to start off a society chat thread there too, so that we discuss about our experiences and advise others on different strategies etc.

A wiki for things like Startup Weekends or Accelerators would also be incredibly useful, along with a separate wiki detailing all the university enterprise societies such as University of Sheffield Enterprise or Manchester Entrepreneurs. I've been getting into these kinds of things a lot more recently, so once exams are over, I wouldn't mind heading over to that area of the forum and helping out to build resources like this. (If the mods in that area think its a good idea)

This will be taking it to an entirely new level, but I think it would be brilliant if TSR can have its own networking and pitching events. Entrepreneurship is something that is growing quite rapidly over the recent years. Think about Whatsapp, Dropbox, Summly, Mailbox. These are all global companies that started from a small group of people with an idea. (i know Summly and Mailbox have been bought out, potentially Whatsapp too) A networking event at TSR will allow us to meet up with other students from all across the country, and given the size of TSR, I'm sure that if they did organise a pitching / startup weekend event, they will be able to get hold of many valuable mentors and VCs.

Just my two cents. Whaddya think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    A pod could be made for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    I agree with this idea too.

I just sent off an application to create a new social group on TSR; Entrepreneurs Society. Would be great to start off a society chat thread there too, so that we discuss about our experiences and advise others on different strategies etc.
    Approved :yep: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2326
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Cheers!

Chat thread started here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2315372

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.