Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I want to buy an ipod and large headphones for my boyfriend as a present, but haven't got a clue what to choose! Please could you help me out!
    My budget is around £50 maximum , so it's a little tight...I hope there is something affordable out there, without compromising quality?
    Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rose_3)
    Hi!

I want to buy an ipod and large headphones for my boyfriend as a present, but haven't got a clue what to choose! Please could you help me out!
    My budget is around £50 maximum , so it's a little tight...I hope there is something affordable out there, without compromising quality?
    Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

x
    :wavey:

I assume that's £50 for the headphones, not both of them?

What sort of music does he listen to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    :wavey:

I assume that's £50 for the headphones, not both of them?

What sort of music does he listen to?
    Well if it's not possible to spent £50 for both, then i guess yes :P
    I just have no idea about pricing to be honest, i thought there might be something slightly cheaper out there. :/

Mmm, he listens to most types, but particularly blues music, rock and roll ...etc. He's slightly old fashioned when it comes to music sometimes

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well if it's not possible to spent £50 for both, then i guess yes :P
    I just have no idea about pricing to be honest, i thought there might be something slightly cheaper out there. :/

Mmm, he listens to most types, but particularly blues music, rock and roll ...etc. He's slightly old fashioned when it comes to music sometimes

Thanks
    The key thing here is your desire to buy both "without compromising quality". For £50 you could get a pair of Philips Citiscape Downtown, excellent headphones, but the budget will only leave you with enough for a Sansa Clip Player or a second hand iPod. Conversely you could get a brand new iPod Touch, but with the remaining £10-£15 you would have for headphones you wouldn't get anything particularly fantastic (Ironically there are a £15 pair of headphones that do sound fantastic, but they've disappeared from Amazon this very week).

It's a case of deciding if you want to compromise both in order to buy both, or concentrate on one and get something good. Does he already own a smartphone? One of the key reasons MP3 players are dying off is because they're being cannibalised by smartphones which already perform the same function. If he does own one, a nice pair of headphones will probably be a better choice and encourage him to use his phone to play music from :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    The key thing here is your desire to buy both "without compromising quality". For £50 you could get a pair of Philips Citiscape Downtown, excellent headphones, but the budget will only leave you with enough for a Sansa Clip Player or a second hand iPod. Conversely you could get a brand new iPod Touch, but with the remaining £10-£15 you would have for headphones you wouldn't get anything particularly fantastic (Ironically there are a £15 pair of headphones that do sound fantastic, but they've disappeared from Amazon this very week).

It's a case of deciding if you want to compromise both in order to buy both, or concentrate on one and get something good. Does he already own a smartphone? One of the key reasons MP3 players are dying off is because they're being cannibalised by smartphones which already perform the same function. If he does own one, a nice pair of headphones will probably be a better choice and encourage him to use his phone to play music from :yep:

Thank you! Very useful information. He doesn't have a smart phone; he is old fashioned when it comes to phones too :P
    That's why i'm looking into buying both an iPod and headphones. These are great suggestions; I might actually be brave enough to check my bank account, take a deep breath and just go for the slightly more expensive option. :P

If MP3 players are dying off, they should at at least make them less expensive! :P

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Very useful information. He doesn't have a smart phone; he is old fashioned when it comes to phones too :P
    That's why i'm looking into buying both an iPod and headphones. These are great suggestions; I might actually be brave enough to check my bank account, take a deep breath and just go for the slightly more expensive option. :P

If MP3 players are dying off, they should at at least make them less expensive! :P

Thanks a lot!
    No problem If you can stretch to £70ish then the iPod Shuffle and Citiscape Downtowns are a great combo :yy:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.