The Student Room Group

Do Nando's serve drinks?

Their menu online doesn't tell.

Scroll to see replies

Pretty sure they do.
EDIT: It's on their online menu under 'Desserts and Drinks'.
Reply 2
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel

Yes they do, soft drinks mainly, they usually have a machine where you get it from, they provide the glass
Reply 3

I'm surprised it's not online, but yes.

You can get bottomless soft drinks (i.e. free refills of Coke/Sprite etc. - not J2O and the like) for about £2.30, as I recall. :smile:
They have bottomless refills from soda machines :yep:

It's all available on the online menu, here.

They'd be a rubbish restaurant if they didn't.

They serve wine, beer and cider. As well as unlimited soft drinks.
Reply 6

No they provide no hydration. You have to do an Aron Ralston and use their cutlery to pierce a hole in your arm and drink your blood (or your date/family/etc.)
Reply 7
of course they do :tongue:
Thanks, peeps.

I missed the column where it said drinks & desserts. :eek:

I am shocked at how expensive this place is.

I am just going there with a few mates (and one of their sisters...tag alongs lol)... :eek:

So, a 1/4 chicken, and "bottomless soda", will cost me a tenner?

Plus, do the chickens get served with fries, or is that extra cash?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Thanks, peeps.

I missed the column where it said drinks & desserts. :eek:

I am shocked at how expensive this place is.

I am just going there with a mate... :eek:

So, a 1/4 chicken, and "bottomless soda", will cost me a tenner?

Plus, do the chickens get served with fries, or is that extra cash?

Nope, chips are extra. You can usually get some chicken (a quarter?), two regular sides and a bottomless drink for about a tenner. Also, you can ask for "peri peri salt" on your chips (10p more) which improves the flavour a little, but when they're slathered in sauce you probably won't notice the difference. :p:

Also, it's worth considering how spicy you like your food beforehand. For a first timer who doesn't dislike spicy stuff, I'd say to start with "Medium" and work up from there.
Original post by Tortious
Nope, chips are extra. You can usually get some chicken (a quarter?), two regular sides and a bottomless drink for about a tenner. Also, you can ask for "peri peri salt" on your chips (10p more) which improves the flavour a little, but when they're slathered in sauce you probably won't notice the difference. :p:

Also, it's worth considering how spicy you like your food beforehand. For a first timer who doesn't dislike spicy stuff, I'd say to start with "Medium" and work up from there.

Thanks.

I see the 1/4 chicken and 2 sides are £7.20, so with the drink(s) included, that would be £9.65!

I am not exactly sure my mate wants to spend that much, but I guess if he's just gonna buy some chips, then I might have to as well, otherwise I will have far too much on my plate! :colone:
Original post by Tortious

And regarding the medium stuff, how do I know if it's medium or hot? Do I ask them to cook it that way, or are you just referring to the sauce, which presumably I would add when I eat?
Reply 13
And regarding the medium stuff, how do I know if it's medium or hot? Do I ask them to cook it that way, or are you just referring to the sauce, which presumably I would add when I eat?

Like steak, they ask you how you want it when you order, since the chicken has some marinade/sauce added to it before it's served to you - and then there are bottles of (all strengths of) sauce on the condiments/cutlery table for you to add more as you like.

You'll know "which one's yours" when the food arrives by the little flag they put in the chicken to show the strength. I love spicy food (and tend to add chilli flakes to most things!) but even I notice the difference between Medium/Hot. Medium makes my mouth tingle, whereas Hot has tears streaming down my face - certainly "enjoyable", but something to watch out for! If in doubt, I'd err on the side of caution and add a spicier sauce on your own once you get the food.
Reply 14
I always thought nandos is pretty reasonable for what it is
Reply 15
Here's their complete menu:

Chicken
Chips
Peri peri peri peri sauce
Drinks
I can't begin to imagine the workings of a mind that doesn't assume that a restaurant serves drinks, and can't find the answer to that question on thier menu, even if it is online.
Yes they do.
Soft drinks like coke, Fanta, sprite etc...
Reply 18
Soft drinks at nandos are horrible! They dilute the soft drinks so much that you can taste tap water.
The Nando's at Manchester Bullring has some expensive prices. Probably the same everywhere though.

And who has Tweeted this thread? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest