The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

UWS 2013 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ghille
I want to go - only I'm totally freaking out about actually going. Think I'll buck up the courage to attend a few of them. Need to get social, actually enjoy life a bit.

what ones are you going to, like at what campus' ?
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland
Original post by Ghille
I want to go - only I'm totally freaking out about actually going. Think I'll buck up the courage to attend a few of them. Need to get social, actually enjoy life a bit.

I'm the exact same! Getting a bit nervous now...I'm to shy for this. Haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone starting social sciences this year? :smile:
Also, how does everyone know all this stuff about freshers events? Im clueless :frown:
Original post by Jennifer Neil
Also, how does everyone know all this stuff about freshers events? Im clueless :frown:

sauws.ac.uk
i think thats the freshers website, but also check on your own campus' freshers fb page!
Original post by cerimurphy
sauws.ac.uk
i think thats the freshers website, but also check on your own campus' freshers fb page!

Thankyou!!

There's a FB page and there's a page for each campus. I'm also doing social sciences, what campus are you going to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ConorWilson
There's a FB page and there's a page for each campus. I'm also doing social sciences, what campus are you going to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thanks i'll go have a look :smile: paisley! You?
Oh thanks i'll go have a look :smile: paisley! You?

Same! See you there!

Are you in halls or commuting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same! See you there!

Are you in halls or commuting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good! I know no one going! Commuting, i dont live too far away :smile: feel like i might miss out a lil bit though :frown: what about you?
Oh good! I know no one going! Commuting, i dont live too far away :smile: feel like i might miss out a lil bit though :frown: what about you?

I'm also commuting :smile: Don't know anyone either which makes me a little nervous but still pretty excited! I don't think we'll be missing out, just have to involve ourselves as much as possible I suppose...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm also commuting :smile: Don't know anyone either which makes me a little nervous but still pretty excited! I don't think we'll be missing out, just have to involve ourselves as much as possible I suppose...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah if anything it means you'll meet so many new people :smile: yeah true im excited for freshers it should be good!
Yeah if anything it means you'll meet so many new people :smile: yeah true im excited for freshers it should be good!

Yeah! By the way, was it you who posted in the UWS paisley facebook group? Just saw that...haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah! By the way, was it you who posted in the UWS paisley facebook group? Just saw that...haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that was me! Would be funny if there was two Jennifer Neils on the same course though haha
Another, probably very stupid, question but are all the freshers events open to all the campuses? Like, can Ayr students go to the Paisley events and such?? :L
Original post by lankyperson47
Another, probably very stupid, question but are all the freshers events open to all the campuses? Like, can Ayr students go to the Paisley events and such?? :L

I would imagine so. If you're a student at UWS you should be able to go to any of the unions if you want...

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think so? i doubt there's any rules against it?
Original post by cerimurphy
i think so? i doubt there's any rules against it?

Haha, felt it was a stupid thing to ask :L anyways, probably will see about making a few of the events, wouldn't hurt to meet a few folk like :L
Original post by Ghille

I feel the same. I feel more nervous about all the social events than the course work, which is really silly :redface:

I actually head up to paisley today so if anyone wants to come talk to me, please do! Not desperate or anything pfft

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, felt it was a stupid thing to ask :L anyways, probably will see about making a few of the events, wouldn't hurt to meet a few folk like :L

yeah, thats my plan aswell! hahah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest