Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    One of the reasons I am considering Kent is its proximity to Europe. So I was wondering, for current students: do you ever or often go to France just for the weekend or even a day trip?

I ask because I'm also considering Edinburgh, which is a long way from mainland Europe.

So is its proximity to Dover something that makes for a better student experience?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I'm not a student any more but I live in Kent and try to take advantage of the proximity to Europe as often as possible.

The links are there, they're easy to use, it all really depends on whether you find the time to take advantage of them or not

Kent's links to London are also worth mentioning here! On weekends where you can't really justify the expense of going to France/Europe you can always hop on the train to London instead

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student Lettings)
    Hey!

I'm not a student any more but I live in Kent and try to take advantage of the proximity to Europe as often as possible.

The links are there, they're easy to use, it all really depends on whether you find the time to take advantage of them or not

Kent's links to London are also worth mentioning here! On weekends where you can't really justify the expense of going to France/Europe you can always hop on the train to London instead

Hope this helps
    Thanks, that's good to know!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.