Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    My Dad passed away a few years ago and when I'm 18 in a few months I'll get some money that was left. It's not much but just something to help me out a bit in the future maybe. I couldn't see anything about inheritance under the unearned taxable income bit. Anyway, do I declare this as unearned taxable income or do I just leave it as I am not getting it for a few months yet? Also, would it just be the interest taken into account if I plan on saving it?

    Sorry just very confused at what to do at the moment. Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Imyza,

    This will really depend on the amount and whether you need to pay tax on it. If so you'll need to declare the amount on your application and if not you won't.

    Hope this helps,
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.