Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my practical test tomorrow, and I've only just realised/remembered that the address on my license isn't correct anymore. My parents moved house in January and it never really occurred to me to change the address on the license. Now I'm panicking in case I do pass and it gets sent to the wrong place or I get fined for it being incorrect. Would I be able to ask for the detail to be changed if my license changed from provisional to full, or at least get it sent to a different address so that I could then get the license corrected?

ReputationRep:
    They ask you before you take the test if it is still your current address

Mines always been the same so I can't really say on what they say if you say no, but I'm assuming they'll just get you to write down the new address and everything will be fine, they won't stop you taking the test

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay, thank you! Hopefully it won't be an issue, it's almost stressing me out more than the thought of the actual test haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by checks)
    Ah okay, thank you! Hopefully it won't be an issue, it's almost stressing me out more than the thought of the actual test haha
    You'll be fine, like I said they ask you anyway as they'll know people don't always have a chance to change it

Good luck, and let me know how it goes x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have my practical test tomorrow, and I've only just realised/remembered that the address on my license isn't correct anymore. My parents moved house in January and it never really occurred to me to change the address on the license. Now I'm panicking in case I do pass and it gets sent to the wrong place or I get fined for it being incorrect. Would I be able to ask for the detail to be changed if my license changed from provisional to full, or at least get it sent to a different address so that I could then get the license corrected?
    did they let you sit it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    did they let you sit it?
    Yeah, there's a section on the bottom of the paper part you can fill in to inform of change of address so they were fine with that!

Unfortunately I failed with 1 major and 6 minors, got my major on the second to last roundabout

ReputationRep:

Unfortunately I failed with 1 major and 6 minors, got my major on the second to last roundabout
    Hi sorry to hear, can I ask specifically what happened on that roundabout? I am pretty bad at judging roundabouts and I also when I'm in the left lane I cut into the next lane. That would fail me instantly.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there's a section on the bottom of the paper part you can fill in to inform of change of address so they were fine with that!

Unlucky, what did you do to get the major?

ReputationRep:
    Bad times good luck for your next one though! Are you booking straight away?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xev bellringer)
    Hi sorry to hear, can I ask specifically what happened on that roundabout? I am pretty bad at judging roundabouts and I also when I'm in the left lane I cut into the next lane. That would fail me instantly.
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    Unlucky, what did you do to get the major?
    Was going right on a light controlled roundabout, started off in the middle lane but didn't go over far enough when I was merging into the left lane at the lights, so ended up obstructing the middle lane a bit. Annoying since I spent ages with my instructor trying to sort roundabouts out haha, but got a bit of time to practice now before my next one.

(Original post by SortYourLife)
    Bad times good luck for your next one though! Are you booking straight away?
    Yeah, already got one booked for May 15th, got really lucky with the slot so fingers crossed!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Was going right on a light controlled roundabout, started off in the middle lane but didn't go over far enough when I was merging into the left lane at the lights, so ended up obstructing the middle lane a bit. Annoying since I spent ages with my instructor trying to sort roundabouts out haha, but got a bit of time to practice now before my next one.
    Unlucky, there's a big confusing roundabout like that in my area, I used to not turn enoughall the time. Luckily managed to sort it by test day though. I know what it feels like to fail within the last few minutes of the test.

ReputationRep:

Unfortunately I failed
    Sorry to hear about your bad news.

Just a reminder though about your licence address change: it's a legal requirement to notify DVLA straight away, so although you've gotten away with it for 3 months now, you must send away your licence for the change BEFORE you turn up for your next test. It's free of charge and you'll get the new licence back in around a fortnight, so act quickly. You need to send both parts. The address to send it is printed on the counterpart.

Although you've taken a test with the address updated manually on the counterpart, DVLA can still fine you if they discover you are no longer at an address before you notify them.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.