Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am doing a dissertation on cosmetic surgery and would really like opinions from you guys. This is not for those who just want to put down this taboo subject. I know, through research, many ave it done and keep it on the 'down-low'. So here are the questions, providing you have the money;

A) Would you have plastic surgery?
    B) What would you have done?
    C) If you have had any procedure done, were the results satisfactory?

I am especially interested in anyone who has had plastic surgery or knows of someone who has.

ReputationRep:
    119 views of this thread and no-one can leave comments?

ReputationRep:
    A) yes
    B) I would have my nose done so it was smaller
    C) no, unless having my eyes done counts (I had lazy eyes) if so then the results were great

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I have a few beauty spots on my face that I'm fine with, but if one summer I get too many of them then I'll get them removed by plastic surgery (does that count as plastic surgery?)

ReputationRep:
    The question should perhaps be listed/phrased differently so that you answer first if you've had anything done, then if not would you or if yes would you again and what.

A) Yes.
    B) I'd probably adjust my chin a little. As I get older, I'll probably have some botox done tastefully, although fillers aren't actually cosmetic surgery.
    C) I've had my breasts done. And yes, I'm very happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scouting for Girls)
    Hello, I am doing a dissertation on cosmetic surgery and would really like opinions from you guys. This is not for those who just want to put down this taboo subject. I know, through research, many ave it done and keep it on the 'down-low'. So here are the questions, providing you have the money;

I am especially interested in anyone who has had plastic surgery or knows of someone who has.
    A) definetely not. I think that if someone is veeeery self conscious about a certain part of the body and she/he is going to feel better by doing cosmetic surgery, then go ahead. I would personally feel as if it wasnt me anymore, like a different person, unnatural.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A) at the moment, no. But that might change in the future.
    B) if I were to change anything, it would either be my straightening my nose (broke it when I was younger, it's slightly slanted), or shaving my jaw down slightly.
    C) not applicable.

But to be honest the jaw thing could probably be improved by losing a bit of weight. I wouldn't have surgery until I had sorted out other things such as diet and exercise first.

ReputationRep:
    A) No, I think women and men for that matter who age gracefully look better than those who opt for cosmetic procedures. I would however consider reconstructive cosmetic surgery if I was involved in an accident or car crash.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    A) Yes, I would and probably will.
    B) Breasts. Don't want them bigger, I just know that girls with bigger boobs tend to sag more as they get older. So, that.
    C) Not applicable.

ReputationRep:
    A) No
    B) I used to think I'd have my jaw fixed to correct an overbite/retruded jaw but now I wouldn't have any surgery apart from for health reasons.

I just see my flaws as quirks now.

ReputationRep:
    a.) Yes
    b.) Lipo (nothing drastic, just to get rid of some tubbiness that won't seem to shift around the arm region :eek: )
    c.) Got my overbite fixed actually haha, very glad I did!

ReputationRep:
    Feel free to private message me guys if you want to keep it private. Especially keen to hear from those who have had stuff done.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:

Cosmetic surgery yes, plastic surgery no.

Botox under my eyes, laser skin resurfacing...

ReputationRep:

a) Yes.
    b) My boobs are horrible since I've lost weight so I would have those done. Not to be huge, I'd want them to look as natural as possible, but right now they look odd- and it's a shame that I've worked so hard and am still not happy.
    c) Haven't yet.

ReputationRep:
    I would probably have a bust lift after having kids

ReputationRep:

1) yes
    2) nose, chin
    3) no, not in the slightest, had nose done, didn't realise that results aren't nearly as good as you would hope, you can't just pick things out of a book and say you want that, so much depends on your bone structure etc. cosm. surgery is very risky and imperfect
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad

A) Yes
    B) Depends how much money i had to be honest. If i went down to a really small bra size then i would have a boob job. I am also not 100% happy with my nose, however i probably would be too scared to have a nose job in case it turns out worse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murrica)
    a.) Yes
    b.) Lipo (nothing drastic, just to get rid of some tubbiness that won't seem to shift around the arm region :eek: )
    c.) Got my overbite fixed actually haha, very glad I did!
    Out of curiosity how did they fix your overbite and how bad was it to begin with?
    Mines not awful, I've just always been a bit lacking in the chin department because of it
    Did you get offered braces or a retainer for it?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    a) Yes
    b) I'm planning on getting stem cell breast enlargement surgery (with my own stem cells, not embryonic ones), because I only want a modest increase and I don't like the idea of implants. Also if someone invents a surgery to cure oily skin and huge pores I'll be first in line, you could fry chips in the oil on my face, it's horrific
    c) I've not had anything done yet

ReputationRep:
    a) No
    b) When I was 11/12 I would daydream about being 'older' and saving for a rhinoplasty as the success rates are so high (especially in comparison to other procedures) and I was insecure about my nose
    c) None

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.