Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Serious of all my subjects biology has the most volume and I barely know where to start! Atm I'm just writing out exemplar answers for topics which tend to come up most years. Anyone got any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I basically just wrote and re-wrote my notes out. Eventually it all sunk in.
    Also, MIND MAPS! Never underestimate the power of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownError)
    Serious of all my subjects biology has the most volume and I barely know where to start! Atm I'm just writing out exemplar answers for topics which tend to come up most years. Anyone got any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey There,

I'm in year 13 at the moment. I got a B grade at as in OCR biology.
    I mainly did notes and past papers. But mostly notes. My memory s**t. use highlighters lol! It really does help.

I did my unit 4 exam in January and got a high A. I mainly did past paper for these. I noticed that most questions were repeats.
    My grades:
    F211 -A
    F212 -C
    F213(practical) - Full ums lol

F214-A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holby_fanatic)
    I basically just wrote and re-wrote my notes out. Eventually it all sunk in.
    Also, MIND MAPS! Never underestimate the power of them!
    Thanks I use them a lot for chemistry but never for biology will try then though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ardey1234)
    Hey There,

I'm in year 13 at the moment. I got a B grade at as in OCR biology.
    I mainly did notes and past papers. But mostly notes. My memory s**t. use highlighters lol! It really does help.

I did my unit 4 exam in January and got a high A. I mainly did past paper for these. I noticed that most questions were repeats.
    My grades:
    F211 -A
    F212 -C
    F213(practical) - Full ums lol

F214-A
    Thanks! Good luck in your next exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I use them a lot for chemistry but never for biology will try then though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh they're very good for Chemistry too! Just find whatever is good for you.

Good luck for your exams!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I was the same.

This is what I did:

1. Read through all the notes, not really taking time to remember anything but just attempting to understand.
    2. I then printed a copy of the syllabus off and analysed it, highlighting areas of weakness.
    3. I did one topic at a time. Say the topic was Biomolecules. I would revise the parts I found the easiest and ticked them off as I went a long, moving onto the more difficult parts of the topic.
    4. I then went onto the internet and did loads of past papers and practice questions on the topic. If I wasn't satisfied with my progress then I would re-revise the parts I did the worst on.
    5. Repeat for all topics.
    6. I then read through any other text to help me get a more thorough perspective. For example, I initially revised using my notes and then I used an academic textbook.
    7. Did like a 1000 past papers.

8.Repeat process.

It was a long process and probably the most difficult of my A Level subjects to revise but it worked for me.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Honest advice from my experience:

1. Do summary sheets of each topic or mind maps.
    2. Log off TSR (I procrastinate here way too often!)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh, rewriting notes only goes so far for me. I usually right out the spec points and then write all the relevant content for each spec point. After that I just do question after question after question and when I run out of questions, I make my own questions so hopefully when I comes to the exam I won't come across a question I haven't answered before

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaniieexo)
    Tbh, rewriting notes only goes so far for me. I usually right out the spec points and then write all the relevant content for each spec point. After that I just do question after question after question and when I run out of questions, I make my own questions so hopefully when I comes to the exam I won't come across a question I haven't answered before

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I kinda do that, I write questions on revision cards based on the spec points and go over and over them currently starting mind maps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2512577495...84.m1555.l2649

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.