Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much the maximum amount of UCAS Points I can get is 420

3 A's at a level (A* is out of the question!) and already have an A in EPQ (60) = 420

420 for the course I have an offer to - Law at Warwick and York, according to UNISTATS is very low (bottom 20%). Is it just because I am only doing 3 A levels?

Any help would be nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    Pretty much the maximum amount of UCAS Points I can get is 420

3 A's at a level (A* is out of the question!) and already have an A in EPQ (60) = 420

420 for the course I have an offer to - Law at Warwick and York, according to UNISTATS is very low (bottom 20%). Is it just because I am only doing 3 A levels?

Any help would be nice!
    I think the main issue is that you have not started with 4 AS levels and so do not have a "dropped" AS level at the end of the lower VIth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    I think the main issue is that you have not started with 4 AS levels and so do not have a "dropped" AS level at the end of the lower VIth.
    But EPQ is the equivalent of an AS level.

I was doing maths as well but it seemed illogical at the time to effectively do 5 AS Levels and 3 A2's

ReputationRep:
    What's the conditions of the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Unistats includes everything. Many candidates take an extra AS or music grades or general studies - things which top unis don't care about but unistats will include.

So the points shown isn't what candidates have been offered and accepted with in that sense, it includes the extra baggage that they came along with. It's like going on an aeroplane and having to weigh your luggage - they don't count what you have up your sleeve.

Posted from Juno's amazing phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunarench95)
    What's the conditions of the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AAAc

ReputationRep:
    ^ You dont need to worry about ucas points - just get the grades and you're set.

The lack of UCAS points in comparison to others, may be due to having 3AS's or 3 A levels, whilst others may have 4/5 AS and A levels. + EPQ, DoE, or even grade 7 in an instrument. <-- All of these give UCAS Points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    AAAc
    If that is your offer then you need to get AAA, UCAS points are irrelevant

(assuming your EPQ was c+)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunarench95)
    ^ You dont need to worry about ucas points - just get the grades and you're set.

The lack of UCAS points in comparison to others, may be due to having 3AS's or 3 A levels, whilst others may have 4/5 AS and A levels. + EPQ, DoE, or even grade 7 in an instrument. <-- All of these give UCAS Points
    This. A grade 8 pass in piano carries 55 UCAS points for example (passed by the skin of my ***, didn't pursue it for UCAS, I genuinely enjoy playing piano!) and the EPQ, as you said - carries 60. But tbh universities couldn't care less about the points value of any EC you've done, so long as you meet (and hopefully exceed) the offer you have

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.