The Student Room Group

UCAS Points

Pretty much the maximum amount of UCAS Points I can get is 420

3 A's at a level (A* is out of the question!) and already have an A in EPQ (60) = 420

420 for the course I have an offer to - Law at Warwick and York, according to UNISTATS is very low (bottom 20%). Is it just because I am only doing 3 A levels?

Any help would be nice!
Original post by SimpleTom
Pretty much the maximum amount of UCAS Points I can get is 420

3 A's at a level (A* is out of the question!) and already have an A in EPQ (60) = 420

420 for the course I have an offer to - Law at Warwick and York, according to UNISTATS is very low (bottom 20%). Is it just because I am only doing 3 A levels?

Any help would be nice!

I think the main issue is that you have not started with 4 AS levels and so do not have a "dropped" AS level at the end of the lower VIth.
Reply 2
Original post by nulli tertius
I think the main issue is that you have not started with 4 AS levels and so do not have a "dropped" AS level at the end of the lower VIth.

But EPQ is the equivalent of an AS level.

I was doing maths as well but it seemed illogical at the time to effectively do 5 AS Levels and 3 A2's
What's the conditions of the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Unistats includes everything. Many candidates take an extra AS or music grades or general studies - things which top unis don't care about but unistats will include.

So the points shown isn't what candidates have been offered and accepted with in that sense, it includes the extra baggage that they came along with. It's like going on an aeroplane and having to weigh your luggage - they don't count what you have up your sleeve.

Posted from Juno's amazing phone
Reply 5
Original post by Hunarench95
What's the conditions of the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAAc
^ You dont need to worry about ucas points - just get the grades and you're set.

The lack of UCAS points in comparison to others, may be due to having 3AS's or 3 A levels, whilst others may have 4/5 AS and A levels. + EPQ, DoE, or even grade 7 in an instrument. <-- All of these give UCAS Points
Reply 7
Original post by SimpleTom
AAAc

If that is your offer then you need to get AAA, UCAS points are irrelevant

(assuming your EPQ was c+)
Reply 8
Original post by Hunarench95
^ You dont need to worry about ucas points - just get the grades and you're set.

The lack of UCAS points in comparison to others, may be due to having 3AS's or 3 A levels, whilst others may have 4/5 AS and A levels. + EPQ, DoE, or even grade 7 in an instrument. <-- All of these give UCAS Points

This. A grade 8 pass in piano carries 55 UCAS points for example (passed by the skin of my ***, didn't pursue it for UCAS, I genuinely enjoy playing piano!) and the EPQ, as you said - carries 60. But tbh universities couldn't care less about the points value of any EC you've done, so long as you meet (and hopefully exceed) the offer you have :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending