Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are your opinions on high street stores selling band shirts such as Nirvana, Guns N' Roses and The Rolling Stones? Personally, it irritates the f*ck out of me, considering I am a massive fan of these bands and what's more annoying is seeing chavs wear these shirts without a single clue on who they are, one girl didn't even know they were a band. I think they shouldn't be sold in high street stores. Rant over. What are your opinions on this?

ReputationRep:
    Bump? I don't bite. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My opinion is every band you listed I dislike, so I don't much care who wears them.

As it is, you don't need to know about a band to wear a funky t-shirt.

ReputationRep:
    interesting you asked the question cos today i was doing some internet clothes shopping and i noticed a lot of items either have non-clothes-designer brands that didn't relate to the site (like i saw two coca cola shirts...?) or musicians/celebrities/bands etc, i wasn't annoyed for the reasons you were but i felt like it shouldn't be allowed though, unless sold as merchandise, i don't know why, it feels as if we're almost being brainwashed to to know these companies and people and to love them or something, i may be overthinking it but i found it creepy and i think they should just stick to patterns and designs and stop advertising things or people on clothes unless from the actual company or something.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.