Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll For Young Peoples Political Association Watch

• View Poll Results: What political party do you support?
    Conservative Party
    26.67%
    Liberal Democrat Party
    20.00%
    Labour Party
    13.33%
    UK Independence Party
    26.67%
    Green Party
    0%
    Scottish National Party
    6.67%
    Plaid Cymru
    6.67%
    British National Party
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Add info if you want to why you support them
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Quite simple really, i'm a Tory on issues surrounding the economy, grammar schools and military intervention with a strong armed forces in general, additionally i generally support immigration so long as they come to work and am yet to be sold on the benefits of leaving the EU in addition to welfare restriction so the Tory Party here is the best fit given that these are the issues i vote for.

There's a couple more issues socially and constitutionally which are secondary to me but in tune with the Liberal Democrats so there may come a time when i jump ship but for now i'm relatively content and having come on here it appears i'm not the only Tory that shares similar views.

ReputationRep:
    Out of the parties with have, the Tories.

Ideally, I'd want to have a British equivalent of the US Libertarian Party.

ReputationRep:
    Plaid Cymru, because I agree that greater self government, and independence in the long run, is best for the future economic and social prosperity of Wales.

Of course, there are other reasons; they're strong on the environment (but wrong on nuclear - I'm all for it), are largely in line with my economic views, and unlike the other Welsh parties (particularly Welsh Labour, which is a well-meaning but conflicted morass of bureaucrats and third sector runoff), are actually taking forward the job of investigating and diagnosing the problems at the heart of the Welsh economy.

There's no denying that the first reason is the party's USP, though, and the main reason why I stick with 'em.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.