The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by madrevision
I did b-a (because they were acting in opposite directions )to find the net force and then used F=ma so a= F/m.. If we are talking about the same question:smile:

yeha same question, people seem to have done that, but i thoght that b was pulling the truck thing and a was pushing it so b+a
Found this paper so hard, so annoyed as all the mocks went well but this was just completely different. From what I've read I lost at least about 30 marks
I'll make a poll thread about how hard people found it.
has anyone got the paper?
Original post by Serhat5991
raw mark for 90ums is always 60/60. has anyone got the paper can you please email it to me..

No, not always. Look at this thread about the N grade.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=649874

Also here is the poll: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2357507
Reply 465
Original post by josephguen94
Do you know for the terminal velocity question is it ok if i said weight = upthrust ?

yeah i think that will be ok, thats what my friend said :smile:
Original post by dakenSoren
No, not always. Look at this thread about the N grade.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=649874

Also here is the poll: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2357507

dno i did my exam jan it was 60 was 90 ums
Reply 467
For the component question ( I think it was Q2 or Q3 ) I didn't actually calculate it.

I wrote 5sin30, and 13cos30 ( I made up the numbers, can't remember the actual numbers)

Is that right or did u have to calculate it
Reply 468
Original post by cyiarik
i remember some answers but not the actual questions they were answering :P , so ill just post random answers i got :smile:

kgm^-2
giga is 1000 times bigger than mega
density = 1.6x10^-? kgm-3 [forgot what it was to the power of]
force constant is the force per unit extension
R=1.4x10^-5 and F=6.3x10^-5 (something close to these)

3.5ms^-2 for instantaneous acceleration of a trolley i think
I got ratio of B/A as 2.8N
the moments question i got x(50-x)=12x and i think the answer was 0.37m

the question about power:
-power is rate at which work is done
-work done = 5.4x10^?
-output was 390 Watts
-Input was 1228 Watts / 1.3x10^3 Watts

i wrote for one question something about weight being smaller than drag at t=0.05 because the ball was decelerating and then at t=0.25 they were equal/there was zero acceleration

for the Youngs modulus question i got 1.9x10^9 Pa

For the last question i wrote that it was polymeric but forgot to finish my explanation of why it was good for aeroplane tyres (doh!) :L

i basically fluffed my way through the explanations; dont think i did that well tbh :L did anyone get similar answers to me?

i did:smile: youre trolley one was the same as mine
I actually got 40/60 in the January mock without prep. and definitely found this harder, it would be a crime if the grade boundaries aren't at least the same as the January exam.
Reply 470
post the paper pls
What did people get for the question with the Force (R) and Force (F) of the water droplet on the window. (8.0*10-5N)

i put 1.6 or something then scribbled it out and put 4.2 or something
Reply 472
Thought there were a few tricky ones. What did everyone do for the decelleration of the ball in the oil? It was a curved line of best fit.
Also did you have to change the stress into anything? It was in %
It's got to be about 40-43 for an A even when you consider the June exams are higher boundaries... so many people found it difficult, even those you'd expect to be able to it all.
Original post by Vorsah
For the component question ( I think it was Q2 or Q3 ) I didn't actually calculate it.

I wrote 5sin30, and 13cos30 ( I made up the numbers, can't remember the actual numbers)

Is that right or did u have to calculate it

You'd get method marks, if they award any. But I think you need the actual answer.
Reply 475
how many marks was the ratio question. I think i got that wrong but the others seem fine though. So glad there aren't any questions about experiment procedures :smile:
Reply 476
Original post by mathphysics
What did people get for the question with the Force (R) and Force (F) of the water droplet on the window. (8.0*10-5N)

i put 1.6 or something then scribbled it out and put 4.2 or something

i put it was the same as the component of the weight down the slope/parallel to the slope since the raindrop is stationary
Reply 477
Original post by MikeyP96
i did:smile: youre trolley one was the same as mine

woop! although looking at teachercol's post has dampened my spirits lol
Has anyone got a electrical copy of the paper???
does it matter if you leave the ratio as 1.73/0.63? not sure if they were the right numbers :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending