The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by teenajohny777
from the unofficial mark scheme,i think i got like 46/60/. what grade would that be?

What mark scheme?
ffs I think I got 30 marks - may the lord have mercy and let the grade boundaries be lower than the floor :crossedf:
Reply 522
yeay time to start revision for unit 2, somebody create a thread for it?
Reply 523
Looking at the unofficial mark scheme I got around 34-40 which could be anywhere from a mid c to a low a if you needed 41 in jan for an a which was in my opinion a slightly easier paper. Honestly Physics at times makes subjects like maths and biology look like media studies, kudos to anyone who gets an a.
Reply 524
Original post by JustFacts
Looking at the unofficial mark scheme I got around 34-40 which could be anywhere from a mid c to a low a if you needed 41 in jan for an a which was in my opinion a slightly easier paper. Honestly Physics at times makes subjects like maths and biology look like media studies, kudos to anyone who gets an a.

Yeah that's around what i got too I think, so many stupid mistakes!
alright paper, some horrible papers, that deriving the KE equation, I love it when they give questions that are so obviously in the text book :/ i think i got 2/3 on it though and overall i think ill get a highish B which I would be sooo happy with :smile:
Reply 526
I completely forgot ductile, brittle and polymeric materials. For that Young Modulus question I put smart material :facepalm:
Original post by Munrot07
alright paper, some horrible papers, that deriving the KE equation, I love it when they give questions that are so obviously in the text book :/ i think i got 2/3 on it though and overall i think ill get a highish B which I would be sooo happy with :smile:

What textbook is that?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
What textbook is that?

it was sarcasm :P
Original post by JustFacts

You're right. A Level Physics is sooo much harder than A Level Maths!
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
You're right. A Level Physics is sooo much harder than A Level Maths!

NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO! and no again! i mean you are probably right, seeing as i have the same debate with my maths class of 9 people and all say maths is easier other than me! i love maths but make too many stupid mistakes, did you take m1? that might make you change your mind if you sat it last monday
Reply 531
if i achieved a mid b or high c in g481 and a mid b in g482 i would be very chuffed with myself
What do you think the grade boundaries will be like? Higher or lower than Jan 2013? :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 533
How i feel walking out of exams that went well: http://spoti.fi/JIymA3
Original post by Hannahm1995
What do you think the grade boundaries will be like? Higher or lower than Jan 2013? :confused:

lower I think and hope so because this paper had a few questions that would typically be the last question in a given paper, but don't quote me on that i'm not much of an expert on how grade boundaries work
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by madrevision
lower I think and hope so because this paper had a few questions that would typically the last question in a given paper, but don't quote me on that i'm not much of an expert on how grade boundaries work

I pray for lower/the same! I am so desperate to get a goodish grade! I get As at home and when I do past papers and then when I actually do the exams I get Ds :frown: gahh! Thanks for answering me :smile:
Reply 536
Does anyone think the g482 exam will be very hard?
Original post by Arun1323
did you have to work out the gradient? i thought i should do that, but theyve never asked for that before... so i used suvat. v=u+at but my answer was 33... :/

This is what I did. I don't see why we couldn't use this method..? :s-smilie:
Original post by CA$H KRAZE
This is what I did. I don't see why we couldn't use this method..? :s-smilie:

I used that too! I got (-) 37 which seem like a large deceleration....I used a=v-u/t will I get any working marks?
Original post by I Persia I
I actually got 40/60 in the January mock without prep. and definitely found this harder, it would be a crime if the grade boundaries aren't at least the same as the January exam.

This 100%. January paper was way easier, in my opinion. But I have a feeling the gb will increase.

Latest

Trending

Trending